Sneaking into Events?

Reaction score
Is anyone here work in the entertainment industry? If a normal person wants to go into an exclusive event, I feel the only way is to sneak in, and hope people won't notice you. And best way to go unnoticed is dress in a suit (so you look professional), carry a clipboard, camera gear, walkie talkie. For lower tier security who will just let in people based on assumption, this works almost all the time. It worked at the Teen Choice Awards, I walked in backstage to get into the venue and I made it! Once I was in the main area, I was pretty much like anyone else. I just had to be cool backstage and make my way into the area where the normal people were.

I watched the performance, and afterwards I went backstage again since I had nothing to lose. I had my Canon M3 camera w/ rode mic, and security let me through like no big deal, while they weren't letting normal people go through who wanted to go. I had no credentials, but having a camera was enough to walk around wherever I felt like.

But MTV VMA's, it was insanely hard, they were not cutting any slack if you didn't have credentials. I tried walking past security and tried to look like I had to head somewhere, but they wouldn't cut any slack. The only option was to get credentials somehow, which may have been possible if I could guess a common name like "John" and maybe they won't ask for the last name. And they just be like "John Mayers" and I just be like yeah, and they give it to me. But even those desk people were super serious, they weren't doing assumptions either. I was tempted to try take one off the table, but too many employees, and doing that will cause them to go on high alert on me. And I was already on high alert trying multiple entrances, but not everyone knew who I was since it was so huge.

I wanna try the Emmy's next, but I know that's going to be hard too. Microsoft Theater uses their own security team, not really hire an outside firm like CSC, so it's harder to fool them. I prefer CSC security guards who are temps, like who were called up for a gig. They usually don't know what is going on and will make assumptions if they think you look like you work there.

Last edited:
I guess it gives you a good rush. Mine was repelling 250 ft. into a wild cave. I discovered a few wild caves. It is cool to see a place no one in history ever seen.

My other big thing was surviving in the wild before it ever became popular on tv shows. I had a boy I trained who later on became an army ranger instructor. He told me I was much better than the rangers. I know, I couldn't believe he said such a thing. I didn't say it.

I haven't gone to the extreme that you have but am pretty good at getting into places that I shouldn't be. Like your said, look like you belong there then walk in without any hesitation. My best has been onstage at a popular auto auction that is televised line nationally. Made it to center stage. I even told my kids to turn on that channel when I called them to say good night. No harm done and it makes friends wonder how I was able to do it.

I haven't gone to the extreme that you have but am pretty good at getting into places that I shouldn't be. Like your said, look like you belong there then walk in without any hesitation. My best has been onstage at a popular auto auction that is televised line nationally. Made it to center stage. I even told my kids to turn on that channel when I called them to say good night. No harm done and it makes friends wonder how I was able to do it.

I wish the MTV VMA was that easy. But they locked that **** down, I saw swat & bomb squad on site.

Pretty sure they didn't care if I got in just to watch a free show, but I think it's the idea that if I got in, a terrorist could have done the same by wearing a suit and carry a clipboard.

I always do the act like I belong there, only works for lower tier security. But if the event is on lockdown like the bomb squad is there, it's going to be a lot harder.

They did a good job on security, I'm certain they would have caught a terrorist if one did try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik