Snake River Prototyping - P3 ND8 and ND8/CP Available Now

Reaction score

Attachments

• p3-series-filter-side-2-1.jpg
    p3-series-filter-side-2-1.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 531
$20 min cost to ship a 7.5g filter to Canada is a joke. I'd buy one now if it they weren't gouging on the shipping.

I just ordered the nd8/cp, any thoughts on counterbalancing anyone? If so, how would one go about it? (pennies, etc.) I've read many different things. Common sense is telling me the motors will work a little harder but not sure if it will make them fail.

I had counterbalanced for the Blurfix filters on my P2/H3-3D and will most likely do the same for these on the P3P. The weight will might be only forward more so top rear of camera will need to be the placement, but will have to see once I get these and test in different spots with the power off to see which gives the perfect set and stay position.

Why doesn't SRP provide the counterbalance? That would only make sense.

Why doesn't anyone who sells these filters specify how many stops of light they block???
I hate having to google it EVERY TIME. Who the heck remembers what an ND3 vs and ND8 vs an ND10, 16, 100, etc...???

Most popular Neutral Density filters are ND 0.3, 0.6, & 0.9. (ND 0.6 is most popular.)
These above filters hold back 1, 2, & 3 f:stops of light respectively.
The above-mentioned ND filters are also referred to as 2X (ND 0.3 -1 f:stop), 4X (ND 0.6 - 2 f:stops) and 8X (ND 0.9 - 3 f:stops)

ND FILTER % LIGHT f:stop REDUCTION
0.1 -- 80 -- 1/2
0.2 -- 63 -- 3/4
0.3 -- 50 -- 1
0.4 -- 40 -- 1 1/4
0.5 -- 32 -- 1 ¾
0.6 -- 25 -- 2
0.7 -- 20 -- 2 1/4
0.8 -- 16 -- 2 3/4
0.9 -- 13 -- 3
1.0 -- 10 -- 3 1/4
1.2 -- 6.3 -- 3 3/4
1.5 -- 3.2 -- 4 1/4

Last edited:
Going to get the ND8/CP from my dealer. Quality looks great in the pictures on the site.

I'm selling sets of 3 light weight ND-filters at www.PhantomFilters.com

They are ND2 (0.3) (1 stop), ND4 (0.6) (2 stop), ND8 (0.9) (3 stop).

Read more about what ND-filters do:
http://www.phantomfilters.bigcartel.com/nd-filters-explained

This looks like the most logical ND solution for the P3 in regards to weight and balance problems I'm seeing with all the latest after market NDs released.. But are they glass? I made a few myself out of high quality ND material. They worked, but it's still plastic gel. No where near as clean and sharp as a glass ND. Plus they're pretty much done once a finger print hits them.These would perhaps be good if someone offed an reasonably priced container 100 disposable ones.

Not trying to shoot these down as I think this route is the most realistic and practical option for an ND on the P3. Please educate me on how they work as good as glass and why....and I'm on board. Also how fast can you ship?

Last edited:
This looks like the most logical ND solution for the P3 in regards to weight and balance problems I'm seeing with all the latest after market NDs released.. But are they glass? I made a few myself out of high quality ND material. They worked, but it's still plastic gel. No where near as clean and sharp as a glass ND. Plus they're pretty much done once a finger print hits them.These would perhaps be good if someone offed an reasonably priced container 100 disposable ones.

Not trying to shoot these down as I think this route is the most realistic and practical option for an ND on the P3. Please educate me on how they work as good as glass and why....and I'm on board. Also how fast can you ship?

The [removed] ND-filters are not glass. They are brand-name polyethylene ("gel"), light, thin and flexible.

I fully agree with your considerations. Glass is even better - but also a different price-point. Fingerprints can be cleaned off with a soft damp microfiber cloth or similar.

They are shipping now, you can check the website for estimated shipping times. :)

PS: @Moderator I hope it is okay I respond. I have no intention of doing something wrong :)

[Moderator edit: links removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
So, these or polar pro 3 pack from amazon prime?

Anyone have experience with both brands?

I'll have a set of SRP's Monday. But I'm holding my breath because in the photos they do look a little thicker and beefier that the Polar Pros. If that's true they're most likely a little heavier but we'll see. It's been my experience that SRP's products are consistently well made and well thought out.

Last edited:
Got my SRP - P3 ND's. Has anyone received and tested? Weather is terrible last two days so...waiting...impatiently.

IMG_3412.jpeg

Got my SRP - P3 ND's. Has anyone received and tested? Weather is terrible last two days so...waiting...impatiently.

View attachment 22126
Cloudy is a good test for the CP filter. I'd love to see a comparison shot between the ND and ND/CP to see if it's worth getting both

Cloudy is a good test for the CP filter. I'd love to see a comparison shot between the ND and ND/CP to see if it's worth getting both

No, no. I love cloudy. I mean with rain and 20-30 mph gusts "weather is terrible".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31