Snake River P3 Series Graduated ND16-8 Filter

I do. It's made well and I like the results. It's a bit tough to slide on and off the camera though. That's apparently an issue for most people who uses SRP lenses.

I have it, but I wasn't aware that the Texas sun is a beast for this lens. If shooting in blazing sun (where even the sky to your naked eye is white in the afternoon sun) then I'd recommend at least an ND32. I have an ND32 and I can easily get to EV 0 when using 24 frames/sec and a shutter speed of 50. I live in the Houston area, and the summer sun here is brutal.

I do like it for morning shots. I think I'll get more use out of it in the winter as the sun isn't as bright and the UV index is reduced.

unclejas, how does the lens fit for you?

It vignettes horribly when in photo mode. Might as well not even shoot in 4:3 aspect with them on. But, it's the only Grad ND out there so gotta deal with it.

Frederick Hagen uses this lens as well and has made a bunch of cool videos using them. Perhaps he'll chime in with his experience. I know his bird recently crashed so he may be pre-occupied with other things right now...

I have one, if you get fully installed it does not vignette, it is really tough to get on and off. Not really sure the about the grad part but the quality is good.

Alan

I have one, if you get fully installed it does not vignette
I had the same issue the first time I used mine. Installing the lens fully does resolve this issue for sure.

I have one, if you get fully installed it does not vignette, it is really tough to get on and off. Not really sure the about the grad part but the quality is good.

Alan

I've got mine seated all the way back. As far as it's gonna go.

It is a real bear to get it on exactly straight and square but if you do it does not vignette, it took me awhile. I use a cloth to prevent finger prints.

Alan

It is a real bear to get it on exactly straight and square but if you do it does not vignette, it took me awhile. I use a cloth to prevent finger prints.

Alan

Are you taking photos in 4:3 or 16:9?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl