Smart battery firmware update

Reaction score
Hi came across a video on YouTube when I was searching about p2 battery life and how to store them correctly about battery firmware update?the guy in the clip plugged p2 into dji assistant and updated the firmware in his battery? Is this necessary only when I plug p2 into assistant updates it says no update? What does that mean have dji totally dismissed anything regarding p2 and anymore firmware updates period??

Hi came across a video on YouTube when I was searching about p2 battery life and how to store them correctly about battery firmware update?the guy in the clip plugged p2 into dji assistant and updated the firmware in his battery? Is this necessary only when I plug p2 into assistant updates it says no update? What does that mean have dji totally dismissed anything regarding p2 and anymore firmware updates period??
There hasn't been any P2 firmware updates for years. If you connect your P2 to assistant and there are any updates available it will show up. It's likely up to date though.

There hasn't been any P2 firmware updates for years. If you connect your P2 to assistant and there are any updates available it will show up. It's likely up to date though.
I think when I got the p2 firmware was 3.8 I think ? did a latest firmware update and it updated to 3.14 obviously the last one they did for the p2 but this guy actually did a firmware update on the battery have you ever needed or had to update battery firmware? Thanks

When I first got my P3P there were firmware updates for the RC, AC, and battery which I did. I have a P2V+ that I'm fixing up but it was fully updated when I got it so no I've never updated a P2. Typically the battery is updated at the same time as the AC is updated (if not already updated) I can't say for sure if this is also true for the P2 but I wouldnt be too concerned about it if all is working fine.

Last edited:
I think when I got the p2 firmware was 3.8 I think ? did a latest firmware update and it updated to 3.14 obviously the last one they did for the p2 but this guy actually did a firmware update on the battery have you ever needed or had to update battery firmware? Thanks

Those updates have nothing to do with updating your batteries. Back in late 2014 or early 2015 DJI did come with new P2 firmware that included a battery update. But pulled it after some owners tried to upgrade their aftermarket batteries and bricked them. Shortly afterward DJI came out with a new battery (PH-2) which were updated with the newest firmware. There haven't been any firmware updates for P2's since the P3's and the P2 line was dropped

Those updates have nothing to do with updating your batteries. Back in late 2014 or early 2015 DJI did come with new P2 firmware that included a battery update. But pulled it after some owners tried to upgrade their aftermarket batteries and bricked them. Shortly afterward DJI came out with a new battery (PH-2) which were updated with the newest firmware. There haven't been any firmware updates for P2's since the P3's and the P2 line was dropped
Yeah I understand but what I'm saying is the firmware he was using at the time of the video also had an update for the battery too ! Just wanted to know if anyone had ever needed to or had updated the battery firmware in the earlier updates and why it's not being updated anymore? The last part of your post explains that ? Many thanks

Yeah I understand but what I'm saying is the firmware he was using at the time of the video also had an update for the battery too ! Just wanted to know if anyone had ever needed to or had updated the battery firmware in the earlier updates and why it's not being updated anymore? The last part of your post explains that ? Many thanks

Yes. When that update became available I upgrade all my DJI batteries and the reason DJI changed the firmware was that it bricked aftermarket batteries. I explained that in post #5. DJI no longer supports the P2 line so anyone who needs batteries for a P2 has only one choice and that is to buy aftermarket batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic