Single antenna in controller is working

Reaction score
Today I got my rf-explorer, I was checking the output signal transmitted from each antenna left and right, I was shocked when I found that only the right side antenna is transmitting a strong signal while the other one is dead..

Anyone can assist me in this and tell me if there something I am missing or my controller is damaged?

I have no idea, I wish I could find the schema of the controller, but I thought that its a dual antenna transceiver with MIMO mode but now am not sure at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Only one antenna transmits. There is no problem with your controller.

On the quad all 4 transmit.

You will not find a schematic from DJI unless you know someone at a repair depot, etc.

Reactions: Buckaye and nxs818
That's a big relief... Thank you..

In this case I can go forward with adding another amplifier and high gain antenna for better reception .

Here is a excerpt from the FCC test report for the P3 controller:

"Antenna Connector Construction-
The EUT (Equipment Under Test) has an integral dipole antenna arrangement for transmitting, the antenna gain is 3.5dBi @ 2.4G
Band, and another antenna only for receiving, fulfill the requirement of the item."

To see the whole document go here:
https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2535091

This document is a beauty, I am amazed with all the testings do e by FCC, they measured every single aspect of the dji RF, thanks again, I didn't know that such site exists.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl