Simultaneous stills and vids?

Reaction score
Wow first flight was great. Nothing exciting, just a bit of low hovers and turns to get a feel for it. Only issue is with the stills I thought I had. I saw something on the web saying you could take stills while shooting a film? That didn't work for me and I can't find any setting to that effect. Can't find the picture burst (3 shots at once) either.

But what an amazing rig for this price! 5 years ago something with half the functions was 30 times more expensive!

Wow first flight was great. Nothing exciting, just a bit of low hovers and turns to get a feel for it. Only issue is with the stills I thought I had. I saw something on the web saying you could take stills while shooting a film? That didn't work for me and I can't find any setting to that effect. Can't find the picture burst (3 shots at once) either.

But what an amazing rig for this price! 5 years ago something with half the functions was 30 times more expensive!
It won't do video and stills simultaneously.
Hold the shutter button in the app and it'll bring up burst, bracketing, etc.

You can't take a photo at the same time as recording, you need to switch the slider switch on the right hand side of the screen to photo mode. To get burst mode and other options you need to hild the photo/shutter button in for a couple of seconds i think, not tried it yet.

Stills or video, you can't do both. I usually record video until I get to a point I want a still, stop video, take pictures, start video again. Having a bunch of shorter videos also helps me in editing because the flight is already broken up into discreet shots.

Burst, HDR, and AEB modes are accessed by long press on the shutter button on your tablet/phone. It's all in the manual :)

You can't take a photo at the same time as recording, you need to switch the slider switch on the right hand side of the screen to photo mode. To get burst mode and other options you need to hild the photo/shutter button in for a couple of seconds i think, not tried it yet.

If you don't want to take your hands off the controller, it will auto-switch if you press the record video button while in photo mode or the photo button in video mode.

Reactions: UKFlyer
If you don't want to take your hands off the controller, it will auto-switch if you press the record video button while in photo mode or the photo button in video mode.
Good tip, thanks. Never even took a photo yet on my P3, 14 flights but all video's!

Reactions: ctp
Stills or video, you can't do both. I usually record video until I get to a point I want a still, stop video, take pictures, start video again. Having a bunch of shorter videos also helps me in editing because the flight is already broken up into discreet shots.

Burst, HDR, and AEB modes are accessed by long press on the shutter button on your tablet/phone. It's all in the manual :)

This is what I do as well. I like to take short clips, which work better for editing, but then for pictures I usually stop the quad and then take a few shots at different settings to make sure I get a good one. All of that works much better in post than shooting the whole time.

If you do want to do screen grabs, make sure you shoot 4K to get the best resolution to grab from.

Reactions: ctp
Good tip, thanks. Never even took a photo yet on my P3, 14 flights but all video's!

You're missing out on half the fun, at 12MP, the photos are higher resolution than the videos and are easier to show off.

Reactions: isopro
This is a screengrab from 4K video playing in VLC
The original is about 8MB.
It's resized here to 1500 pixels longest side (when you click ...)
Nothing else done.

18049897069_9690b7e96b_o.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.