Simulator Question

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and definitely concerned about some of the crashes and issues some have had with the P3. I have been involved with radio control vehicles for many years and have always performed safety checks and training before operating a vehicle. My question about the simulator is this: is it simulating against my actual p3 and will it uncover and allow me to troubleshoot actual issues with my p3. Meaning if something isn't calibrated or if I notice something going wrong 10 feet off the ground and I land and move to simulator mode will it allow me to figure out what is wrong with the aircraft. Or is it just meant to be a training aid to train me fly? I'm getting my P3 in a few days and want to test it as much as I can and learn as much as I can before ever getting it off the ground. I do understand that actual real flight will introduce other parameters but I would like to get as much understanding as I can. Sorry to be wordy but to summarize is the simulator capable of testing my P3 accurately, and can it help uncover and prevent possible issues. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

So far my experience with the flight simulator is that it functions to teach you how to fly and what the onscreen menus do while the quad is in the air...such as showing distance, altitude, etc. It does not throw errors at you to see if you can react correctly. It is very good for folks who have never flown before to help learn orientation, stick control, RTH functions, etc., but I have not had it throw me issues like app disconnects, compass errors, GPS failures and the like to test my reaction.

So far my experience with the flight simulator is that it functions to teach you how to fly and what the onscreen menus do while the quad is in the air...such as showing distance, altitude, etc. It does not throw errors at you to see if you can react correctly. It is very good for folks who have never flown before to help learn orientation, stick control, RTH functions, etc., but I have not had it throw me issues like app disconnects, compass errors, GPS failures and the like to test my reaction.

Thanks RiskFactor. I was asking more if there was actually something wrong with the aircraft would the simulator respond to the mechanical or electrical issue accurately. So if there was a real issue with a gyroscope or a prop motor would the simulator react to the actual issue as it would if the aircraft were actually in flight. I didn't expect that the simulator would allow me to create fictional emergency events to train from. So if a motor was really going bad would the simulator show a bad flight and allow me to fix before getting in the air. Hope this makes sense. I'm looking for it to help me be proactive and either find issues beforehand or troubleshoot if I find a real issue.

I'd be surprised if the sim goes to that level.
I haven't got an Apple device so I can't try it but I suspect that it's just simulating a hypothetical Phantom rather than your specific bird.
But the P3 is the closest to bullet proof that DJI have come so far.
As long as you study up and fly carefully in an open area away from trees, you'll be fine.

Thanks Meta 4. Appreciate the feedback! I'm looking forward to starting my journey into drones!

Where can I find access to the simulator? Im interested in getting a P3 in the near future and have been following the posts to learn as much as I can. They have been very informative. Do you need to own a P3 to access this simulator software? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhayman1090. From what I saw in the pilot app it needs to be connected to the P3 to get into sim mode. My P3 is shipping this week.

I have used the sim it does give you all the stearing controls it shows distance hight speed.The auto take off and land feature.You have map at the bottom to show flight route etc you have taken plus radar feature.Yes you can fly of and practice stearing etc and do RTH if you choose or fly it back to you to practice manual flight to a land.
I found it usefull its nothing like the real like being outside but it defo has its uses

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.