Simple GPS tracker (USA) for under $100?

I just use my Spot Tracker attached to the carbon protection plate under my gimbal. Use it on my adventure bike, 4x4 and now the Phantom. Track and logs the flight path and "crash site" to within feet onto my iPhone for retrieval. Battery lasts for weeks without needing a charge.

I use a TK102 Tracker. Like similar devices it operates on a GSM network. T-Mobile is the only one who offers that service now and it works great. You call it and it hangs up and sends you a text with a google maps link. It's spot one.

One thing that is cool is it has a built in mic. You can turn it on and hear what's around the tracker. So if you go where it says you drone is located and you don't see it right off you can turn the mic on and listen on your cell phone. Just give out a holler to hear when you get closer.

I have been using mine for 3 years on a P2 and getting ready to add a second one on my P3.

By the way the device is only $20 and you get a T-mobile starter SIM kit for $10. You can put as little as $3 a month in the T-Mobile account. It's a pay as you go no contract. I opt to add $100 to my account and it will not expire for 13 months. Each text costs you 10 cents.

I use a TK102 Tracker. Like similar devices it operates on a GSM network. T-Mobile is the only one who offers that service now and it works great. You call it and it hangs up and sends you a text with a google maps link. It's spot one.

One thing that is cool is it has a built in mic. You can turn it on and hear what's around the tracker. So if you go where it says you drone is located and you don't see it right off you can turn the mic on and listen on your cell phone. Just give out a holler to hear when you get closer.

I have been using mine for 3 years on a P2 and getting ready to add a second one on my P3.

By the way the device is only $20 and you get a T-mobile starter SIM kit for $10. You can put as little as $3 a month in the T-Mobile account. It's a pay as you go no contract. I opt to add $100 to my account and it will not expire for 13 months. Each text costs you 10 cents.
I have tried a couple of those. They are horribly inaccurate. Both of them were off by up to 10 blocks. Also, if you face it the wrong way and the GPS antenna inside the tracker is blocked, say in a crash and the quad lands upside down, then it gets no GPS signal and it uses Cellular (if it can get a signal) and it it off up to a mile of more. I tried using these in my car. I sat it on the dash. Same results. They were WAY off. Also the battery did not last long at all. They are now in a landfill somewhere.

Reactions: natedecker585

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor