Side Infrared Sensor Question

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been dealt with before but I can't seem to find a definitive answer so sorry if it causes someone to repeat themselves.
I was doing a POI around a house with my P3A and stupidly misjudged the distance to a tall pine tree. The P3A crashed into it sideways.
The question I have is; would the side infrared obstacle avoidance of the P4pro have helped me in this situation or would I still need to rely solely on not being an idiot?

Thanks

If you were in beginner or tripod mode (the only modes where the side sensors are activated) then the side sensors might have helped, impossible to say for sure since OA and tree branches can always be dicey.

Thank you Smiller for the clarification. Sounds like the side sensors would have been no help to me in this situation. I'm still looking to buy a P4 Pro.

Thank you Smiller for the clarification. Sounds like the side sensors would have been no help to me in this situation. I'm still looking to buy a P4 Pro.
Just FWIW if you need the side sensors to work for a particular mission you can just enable beginner mode, for most close-in flights it won't be an impediment.

Just FWIW if you need the side sensors to work for a particular mission you can just enable beginner mode, for most close-in flights it won't be an impediment.
Hi Smiller...Question: 1. Can the P4P run a POI in "Beginner Mode" with the side OA sensors in operation? 2. With a LITCHI mission is there a setting to enable the OA side sensors?
thanks

Hi Smiller...Question: 1. Can the P4P run a POI in "Beginner Mode" with the side OA sensors in operation? 2. With a LITCHI mission is there a setting to enable the OA side sensors?
thanks
Not sure, will have to check unless anyone else knows and can answer.

In tripod mode you should be able to do a POI manually as the bird is travelling at a much reduced speed. It's good to practice towards getting away from depending on the intelligent flight modes.

Just did the same trick with my P4P, misjudged a tree and flew sideways into it. No warning just flew into the tree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.