Should we discharge Phantom 4 Pro remote controller?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I would like to ask if we should discharge Phantom 4 Pro remote controller in order to maintain good battery health. I thought that I could use the controller to charge my phone like a power bank. This is a good way to discharge the battery of remote controller? Can we store the remote controller with almost full battery for a long time? Thank you in advance for your time...

It's technically best to avoid storing Li-ion cells at full charge but the problem is greatly exacerbated by temperature, as in the worst case is a battery in a plugged-in laptop, i.e. in a state of constant full charge in a hot environment. If the controller is stored in a cool location you should be fine, or if you really want to be sure you could run it down to 3 dots vs. 4.

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
It's technically best to avoid storing Li-ion cells at full charge but the problem is greatly exacerbated by temperature, as in the worst case is a battery in a plugged-in laptop, i.e. in a state of constant full charge in a hot environment. If the controller is stored in a cool location you should be fine, or if you really want to be sure you could run it down to 3 dots vs. 4.
Thank's for your quick reply! Do you know a specific way how to run it down except usage? Do you think that if I use the remote controller to charge my phone is going to be a bad idea for the battery? Thanks for your time mate!

Usage is the only way to discharge the battery. It doesn't matter how you do it, leave it on for a while or whatever.

I make a habit of flying my craft enough to run the led display down on the RC at least one light. If not, then leave the RC on and let it beep at me a while till one led goes out. I store it that way and charge it back up the night before I plan to fly. If I need it fly immediately with it discharged one light, there's still plenty of reserve charge to make 5 or 6 flights if needed.

I make a habit of flying my craft enough to run the led display down on the RC at least one light. If not, then leave the RC on and let it beep at me a while till one led goes out. I store it that way and charge it back up the night before I plan to fly. If I need it fly immediately with it discharged one light, there's still plenty of reserve charge to make 5 or 6 flights if needed.
Thanks for your tip! Take care and keep flying...!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12