Should I synch my flights via the DJI App?

Reaction score
It is tempting to upload (synch) everything and see all the statistics growing, but can this information one day be used against you? Would DJI be allowed to pass on your flight data if authorities request?
I am a hobby photographer and my Drone sometimes flies away from my visual sight, sometimes I go above allowed heights (in remote locations, when I feel I will not causing a problem), I fly over buildings (respecting privacy!) in countries where it is not allowed, etc.

Do you guys upload everything? Should I do it?

Thanks!

Remote locations and flying much higher then legal : No matter where you are...way way out in the middle of " No Where "....your still required to Only fly to 400 feet and Stop ! and any higher is a No No !.....the law sure don't stop where ever you are way out in the middle of " No Where ".

It is tempting to upload (synch) everything and see all the statistics growing, but can this information one day be used against you? Would DJI be allowed to pass on your flight data if authorities request?
I am a hobby photographer and my Drone sometimes flies away from my visual sight, sometimes I go above allowed heights (in remote locations, when I feel I will not causing a problem), I fly over buildings (respecting privacy!) in countries where it is not allowed, etc.

Do you guys upload everything? Should I do it?

Thanks!

I sync my records just so they’re saved and not lost , if you don’t sync and lose your device the flights on that device are lost forever, I don’t think you have much to worry about as far as being prosecuted as long as you don’t cause any personal injury or property damage ,

Because Young or OLD.laws are laws.....If your 16 years old and speed you will get a ticket and if your 80 and speed that will get a ticket too......If your 16 and break a FAA rule flying higher then you should...or 80 years old.....Your still liable for breaking a FAA rule "period" !

Reactions: BigAl07
I've cleaned up a post or two on this thread to remove the personal attack.

Regardless if you agree with the post or not does not give any of us the right to direct a personal attack towards a fellow member of this forum. If you have any questions about this take a moment to read over the follow Community Based Guidelines and pay particular attention to Item #2.

I wouldn't worry about syncing. I've done it since day one. Looking at past records and replaying flights is a very cool and informative feature in the app. I sync all every so often.

I've cleaned up a post or two on this thread to remove the personal attack.

Regardless if you agree with the post or not does not give any of us the right to direct a personal attack towards a fellow member of this forum. If you have any questions about this take a moment to read over the follow Community Based Guidelines and pay particular attention to Item #2.
Thank you. Luckily I did not read them to ruin my time...

Cheers!

Reactions: Lefty63
Because Young or OLD.laws are laws.....If your 16 years old and speed you will get a ticket and if your 80 and speed that will get a ticket too......If your 16 and break a FAA rule flying higher then you should...or 80 years old.....Your still liable for breaking a FAA rule "period" !

I am not flying under FAA rules. My situations are completely different and please do not “assume” I am in your jurisdiction. Under Italian jurisdictions I cannot fly higher than 230 feet (not 400!), I on a remote island, in the middle of the sea, I went slightly above it (still below 400 feet) as there is nothing there. See picture attached.

Attachments

• DA89A8AB-1125-4341-BF68-68592DFEAB34.jpeg
    DA89A8AB-1125-4341-BF68-68592DFEAB34.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 282
I am not flying under FAA rules. My situations are completely different and please do not “assume” I am in your jurisdiction. Under Italian jurisdictions I cannot fly higher than 230 feet (not 400!), I on a remote island, in the middle of the sea, I went slightly above it (still below 400 feet) as there is nothing there. See picture attached.
What a Beautiful spot! Your way under the height of the surrounding terrain, not much chance of any issue there...

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think.

Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic