Should I NOT leave the p3p controller fully charged?

Reaction score
I know that I shouldn't leave the battery fully charged for more than 24h so I discharged it to 45% in order to store it. My controller is, on the other hand, 90-95% full. If I leave it like that, is it going to be bad for it?

Sent from my D2303 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depends on how long it'll be before you fly again and how intense you are about your equipment. I think most people wouldn't give it a second thought.

Reactions: Dimitar
It's impossible to answer your question because if I post again, it's a second thought... :grinning:

If you fret about your DAP battery or your iPhone battery or your tablet battery or your iPad battery, then yes, maybe you should fret about your controller battery.

Bottom line - nobody really worries too much about their controller battery. If it went bad and you had to replace it -

Wait -

I've never read on this site about anybody replacing their controller battery. So there you go

A good plan is to fully charge it and use it happily. You've got the four lamps there to tell you what the charge is. When it gets down to 1 lamp, which will take a lot of flying to get to that point, charge it back up to four lamps. That's really all there is to it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bnsa and Dimitar
It's impossible to answer your question because if I post again, it's a second thought... :grinning:

If you fret about your DAP battery or your iPhone battery or your tablet battery or your iPad battery, then yes, maybe you should fret about your controller battery.

Bottom line - nobody really worries too much about their controller battery. If it went bad and you had to replace it -

Wait -

I've never read on this site about anybody replacing their controller battery. So there you go

A good plan is to fully charge it and use it happily. You've got the four lamps there to tell you what the charge is. When it gets down to 1 lamp, which will take a lot of flying to get to that point, charge it back up to four lamps. That's really all there is to it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, it was helpful :)

Sent from my D2303 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl