Should I get an Osmo Pocket for My Cruise?

I've been impressed with the quality, video seems quite similar quality to my P4Pro footage - incredible stability. Photos very good but the wide angle means that you need to get close to anything to show it properly.

There is no zoom, the slomo video mode (very impressive) does crop to the centre of the frame (I'm guessing it's a 1080p cut from the centre of a 4K frame). I suspect they aimed this FoV at the vlog crowd so that they could film themselves at arms length! Microphone is impressive, but does pick up wind noise.

The stabilisation modes need to be understood and played around with - using the camera for a driving 'timelapse' produces odd results unless you use FPV mode, FPV mode disables face/object tracking,etc - this is definitely a camera that you need to play with and discover.

As others have said, it powers up very quickly - so you can be ready to take a shot. The very low profile of this camera means that people hardly notice that you're using it.

The USB-C connection works well for me (Android phone) and is the fastest way of using the Mimo app, something like 14MB/s transfer - whereas the base fitted Wifi/BT module only manages 5MB/s. Remote operation is very neat, range is impressive.

I do photography/video work and the Osmo Pocket has easily paid for itself - I would buy another one if I lost this one.

HTH,
Gingerbloke

Thanks Ginger
Looks like I'll be getting one.

I should add that I don't work for DJI, no commercial connection,etc,etc

If I had to add some constructive criticism it would be:

- not waterproof, possibly not even that water resistant
- VERY easy to drop, due to a strange combination of very small form factor and lightweight makes it 'fumbleable'
- there is no rapid-fire photo mode
- you can't do programmable tracking shots at normal video mode (only motionlapse)

The hard cover (included) has probably already saved mine twice.

A

Hello,

I am embarking on a cruise shortly and need some advice. Should I get an Osmo Pocket? Is it useful or a waste of $$?

Thank you!
Well, you probably completed your cruising with or without OsmoP but my general answer is YES!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl