Should I buy a P3 Advanced or Standard?

I was where you are a couple years ago. Bought a couple v262's, some other "training" quads, and then a Parrot AR2. Then wanting more range, bought a transmitter and receiver for the Parrot along with other accessories. Finally after all that I bought what I should have in the first place, a FC40. I've spent a year and a half flying that until just recently picking up a lightly use P3P. Finances dictate what you can afford to spend on a hobby, but in my case I wish I had just skipped through the lesser quads and bought the DJI. And the advice about buying the standard and using the difference saved over the advanced to buy a second is sound. It's no fun to go out somewhere to fly and have to pack it in after one 20 minute session.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I probably would not buy a second battery along with the quad, but later. The thing about the Advanced it that it has Lightbridge. So, I'd probably get an advanced.

had the standard. it held me over for a few months before I got the pro. nothing wrong with the standard as I bought it because I didn't think I'd fly it far out...but that's changed as I got more confident in the platform as well as my experience.

you CAN fly a standard far out of range using waypoint apps like litchi but that requires more experience and confidence when flying blind for minutes at a time.

but the out-of-the-box range and MUCH better remote of the adv/pro is worth the extra in my experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl