Shorter 8 pin apple cord for USB to P3 tablet.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found a nifty USB charger by Cambond- Apple MFi Certified 1.0ft / 0.3M 8-Pin tangle-free and Heavy duty nylon braided lightning to USB charger aluminum connector head that comes in different colors. Designed for the use with Dji RC Transmitter Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Pro/Adv This is great since its a shorter cable which is less fuss. The only thing I found the cable could use a inch or two more but overall it works with apple products and is great. I would have gotten a coiled but I don't like the spring action in those pulling on the mount bracket. I still keep the regular as a backup just incase the cambond one fails or breaks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P66F35A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61sMq43dMcL._SX522_.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

This Belkin cable is nice if you're worried about the tension:

BelkinCoiledAppleCable.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EnronCEO
Hi all,

I found a nifty USB charger by Cambond- Apple MFi Certified 1.0ft / 0.3M 8-Pin tangle-free and Heavy duty nylon braided lightning to USB charger aluminum connector head that comes in different colors. Designed for the use with Dji RC Transmitter Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Pro/Adv This is great since its a shorter cable which is less fuss. The only thing I found the cable could use a inch or two more but overall it works with apple products and is great. I would have gotten a coiled but I don't like the spring action in those pulling on the mount bracket. I still keep the regular as a backup just incase the cambond one fails or breaks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P66F35A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61sMq43dMcL._SX522_.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg
I just received mine the other day. Looks to be a really good, quality cable. Only downside so far.............. the maker keeps emailing me to give them a 5 star rating. I told them I haven't had a chance to use it yet, as my P3P hasn't arrived. So I gave them a 4 star rating for the "quality" of the build and the fast shipping, and said I'd update the review after using it for my quadcopter. They emailed again wanting me to update the 4-star to a 5-star! I said 'after" I tried it in the field, and it met my requirements, I would update my review like I said I would! I think they're nearing the violation of Amazon's terms of service about soliciting reviews from consumers.

OP, the cable is nice. congrats. Personally. I purchased the Griffin for $14 @ my local best buy. I had them price match B&H website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
I just received mine the other day. Looks to be a really good, quality cable. Only downside so far.............. the maker keeps emailing me to give them a 5 star rating. I told them I haven't had a chance to use it yet, as my P3P hasn't arrived. So I gave them a 4 star rating for the "quality" of the build and the fast shipping, and said I'd update the review after using it for my quadcopter. They emailed again wanting me to update the 4-star to a 5-star! I said 'after" I tried it in the field, and it met my requirements, I would update my review like I said I would! I think they're nearing the violation of Amazon's terms of service about soliciting reviews from consumers.
I notice this is the new theme for Amazon stores, they are pushy all over the place now and to top it off some of the high reviews are fake on amazon, if you notice the same products in different colors but with the exact same amount of comments for each color then there is certainly something wrong with the comments. I just look for the keywords like warrenty and certified.

OP, the cable is nice. congrats. Personally. I purchased the Griffin for $14 @ my local best buy. I had them price match B&H website.
Yeah the price is about the same for mine. I guess we will all see how these cables are in a few months maybe we can all post back see if it changes I noticed a few times when I bought a new cable after a month or two they all eventually become nonfunctional, well the aftermarket anyhow.

I have the Cambond 12" cable and my video signal drops constantly. Change the cable to OEM and problem solved.

Shame... really liked the design. I'll try something else.

I have the Cambond 12" cable and my video signal drops constantly. Change the cable to OEM and problem solved.

One way to get a short nice cable is to use the apple converter mini-usb to lightning. Works perfect, and enables you to use the supplied usb-cable that came with the P3

Really the cable cause this kind of problem I wonder if that is the reason why I was having so much static during a close range flight?

I also use the 12" Cambond cable and have been having disconnects on my iPhone 6+ and iPad mini retina. I'll have to try a different lighting cable to see if that works. I've been rebooting the controller mid-flight to restore the connection cause quitting the app (regular and forced) does not restore the FPV connection.

I also use the 12" Cambond cable and have been having disconnects on my iPhone 6+ and iPad mini retina. I'll have to try a different lighting cable to see if that works. I've been rebooting the controller mid-flight to restore the connection cause quitting the app (regular and forced) does not restore the FPV connection.

This is ridiculous, I feel like apple makes things so difficult just even buy a freakin charging cable.

Reactions: cmyk22
This is ridiculous, I feel like apple makes things so difficult just even buy a freakin charging cable.

I'm not sure that this is an Apple issue. The cable itself appears to sync and charge on a mac and pc without a problem. I also own the 6ft version of the Cambond and that works perfectly as a sync and charging cable on my Mac. I think this might be a F/W issue cause I didn't have this problem with 1.1.8 but it appeared in 1.1.9. BTW, I am aware the the controller F/W did not change with 1.1.9. I seem to loose FPV when I am adjusting a setting (ie- camera controls like EV, shutter, etc..).

I'm not sure that this is an Apple issue. The cable itself appears to sync and charge on a mac and pc without a problem. I also own the 6ft version of the Cambond and that works perfectly as a sync and charging cable on my Mac. I think this might be a F/W issue cause I didn't have this problem with 1.1.8 but it appeared in 1.1.9. BTW, I am aware the the controller F/W did not change with 1.1.9. I seem to loose FPV when I am adjusting a setting (ie- camera controls like EV, shutter, etc..).
Yes I was flying yesterday and it was not that far away I lost signal for a moment and I barely rounded a cliffside, I was surprised how staticky it was also. So the patch might have something to do with this?

Yes I was flying yesterday and it was not that far away I lost signal for a moment and I barely rounded a cliffside, I was surprised how staticky it was also. So the patch might have something to do with this?

I'm thinking it might be F/W related...I need to test with another lighting cable to verify. I know I do not experience this problem with my andriod tablet...

I'm thinking it might be F/W related...I need to test with another lighting cable to verify. I know I do not experience this problem with my andriod tablet...
Yes let me know I am going to had to do some more testing myself.

Yeah I took mine to the beach yesterday just to get a 20 min flight... :confused: half of of which was unviewable with the FPV glar and disconnection issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.