Severe Jello in footage.

Reaction score
Is there anyway to solve this easily? I read that balancing props are one solution, but i should also mention that when the props are off of the aircraft, and i rev the motors to full and back down to idle there is tons of vibration....

Do you have some "test" video? If so, that would be very helpful to determining your problem and resolving it!

Do you have some "test" video? If so, that would be very helpful to determining your problem and resolving it!
I dont. i cant seem to render it. But i crashed my drone and it jelloed before. But i just bought balanced propellers with a composite hub from dji, think that will help?

I'm not sure. Have you tried an imu cal yet? Also, this effect may result from an imbalance in the esc, or the motors themselves.

One more question. What phantom model are you using? If it's a phantom 3 model, make sure you have removed the foam from the back of the gimbal where it meets the bottom of the bird.

One more question. What phantom model are you using? If it's a phantom 3 model, make sure you have removed the foam from the back of the gimbal where it meets the bottom of the bird.
Did an IMU calibration, and there was no foam on my p3s. I took it to a guy who fixes drones, he said one of the motor bell casings was probably not balanced, as well as the propellers.. any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Either replace that one motor plus props, and risk it, or just replace everything. Motors are about $16 on amazon and props are about $12.

If it is still under your 1 year Care warranty they may. You would jut have to give them a call and see what they say.

There has been a case of bad firmware on the P3A and P3P that causes jello.
What firmware are you on??

You said P3S, correct?
Check the motors. Remove the battery, reinstall the props, check for up/down play at the tips of the props and compare with each other. Could be a motor bearing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31