Several flight in and more questions!!

Reaction score
I have flown my P3S a few times now and it seems the more I get to know the drone the more questions I have.

1.) I have upgraded from my IPhone 6s to the Ipad Mini 4 and it makes the experience much more enjoyable, but, I am getting some very minor screen lag when panning fast. It does not seem to matter if I am close or far. I never noticed this on my phone but it is so minor I may not have been able to on the smaller screen. I have followed the set-up advice on the thread about maximizing your IOS/Android device. Is this something I have to deal with?

2.) How far is to far and will I get a warning? My P3S has been upgraded with the Argtec(sp.) antennae and I have been as far as 2500' and did not notice any changes in control but my fear is it will just keep going. What are the warning signs if any I am about to lose my bird and what is a safe distance?

3.) I need a new holder/mount for my tablet, the current holder will only except up to an 7" device. What is a good holder that I will not have to wait 2 weeks for it to come from China?

4.) I am filming video in 2.7k 24fps but only because I assume this is best. When I view the video on my tablet or phone it is very small only using roughly have the screen. How do I view full screen and should I use another resolution/fps?

Thanks guys, I know many of you veterans get tired of hearing us new guys ask the same old questions but I truly am grateful for the answers!:)

1) not sure I can help with this one, I'm using iPad mini2 without lag, but its mostly due to the magic power mod which increases wifi connectivity
2) You can fly out as far as possible, the app will let you know when connection is lost. Return-to-home will initiate automatically, and return to take-off gps coordinates. Make sure to check RTH altitude setting. You really should experiment with RTH...
3) lots of inexpensive tablet holders for p3s on Amazon and eBay
4) pull micro card from camera and view videos and pics on computer
Hope that helps some! [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik