Setting the Frame Rate of the P4P Video Downlink?

Reaction score
About two weeks ago, I stumbled across an article online where the author showed how to change the transmission frame rate of the video downlink. For the life of me, I can't locate that web site now.

I notice that sometimes my P4P 2.0 + Crystal Sky Ultra will display the message "strong interference, setting downlink frame rate to 48 FPS".

In the online tutorial I saw 2 weeks ago, it looked like it was a setting in the Crystal Sky's configuration menus. But I cannot find anything relating to that now.

I figure it makes no sense to have the downlink transmitting at max (60?) frame rate when I only record at 24 FPS. I know that on my 35mm cinema 4K cameras, battery run time is shorter at 4K 60 than at 4K 24. So I think reducing the downlink to the frame rate I'm recording at might save some battery as well in the Phantom, not to mention be a bit more tolerant of distance/weak signals.

Does anyone know of the website/instructional page that I'm referring to? I'd like to find it again.

I know folks are having a lot of trouble with that CS Ultra

Oddly enough, mine has calmed down quite a bit. No errors after a 20 minute flight tonight and another one last night. I put the drone up to take numerous photos of the summer solstice sunset.

But I sure wish I had bookmarked the web site that had instructions on how to set the transmission frame rate. I was probably viewing it on my mobile while waiting in the doctor's office and made a mental note, but got interrupted and forgot the URL.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4