Sell phantom 4 std for a mavic 2 zoom?

Unless you need a smaller quieter drone, and have a couple hundred bucks to upgrade, keep the P4.

Reactions: Wildcatman
I have both the p4 and M2Z. The M2Z it's a good choice, you'll love the zoom. As for the M2P, it doesn't support 4k@60fps. Given that major limitation, which the pro should have, I'm waiting for an M2pro that has it. I may be waiting a while. I think it's a cooling issue with the Ambrella video chip. In the meantime I'll use my P4P to capture 4k@60fps.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro as an upgrade to my P4 standard, and I really enjoy everything about the M2P. It’s small and easier to transport, it’s a lot quieter, it has better battery life (at least versus the P4’s standard batts), and the OcuSync 2.0 is amazing as far as connection stability.

I did however, keep my P4, and I took it out the other day and flew a few batteries just for fun. I love how the P4 flies...how it ‘feels’. It’s a great device. What I did notice immediately though, was how the video downlink was not as clear as the M2P’s 1080P downlink, but other than that, I still really like my P4.

I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro as an upgrade to my P4 standard, and I really enjoy everything about the M2P. It’s small and easier to transport, it’s a lot quieter, it has better battery life (at least versus the P4’s standard batts), and the OcuSync 2.0 is amazing as far as connection stability.

I did however, keep my P4, and I took it out the other day and flew a few batteries just for fun. I love how the P4 flies...how it ‘feels’. It’s a great device. What I did notice immediately though, was how the video downlink was not as clear as the M2P’s 1080P downlink, but other than that, I still really like my P4.
Yes, the OcuSync2 is certainly superior to lightbridge, which is 720 resolution at best.

The M2 craft downlink is so good that it would be really interesting if DJI would release their HDMI video receiver technology that was used at the NAB show in Vegas a few years ago, which worked with the Mavic (OcuSync 1) at the time. It was a little box that said Robomaster on it (a name now used for DJIs robot car stuff). The receiver could be linked direct to the Mavic video link as a second connection, while the craft was also feeding the display device on the RC. This worked kinda like the DJI goggles for a second receiver, but to a TV HDMI port. This receiver would do the normal conversion from DJI's compressed video downlink, to an HDMI compatible signal that could be plugged to any TV. DJI had a huge screen showing a MavicPro live feed at NAB, it was pretty awesome. There are multiple applications for such a device if they would manufacture it. It would be great for monster sized screens for audiences to show live water sports, mountain bike racing, desert racing, sail boat races, any organized event with proper safety measures that wouldn't fly over people. I've written DJI several times begging for the product, but they have no interest. This would be a good product to invent since DJI wouldn't compete, and you have thousands of potential customers, if someone could figure out how OcuSync2 worked, which is unlikely. I just wish DJI would make it. I'd buy it.

To be honest,i needed some portability. With phantom 4 in many cases i dont take it with me because of that.
So have 3 choices
1) Sell P4 + some money to mavic 2 zoom. Almost same camera etc
2) Sell P4 + more money to mavic 2 pro, which has better camera etc.
3) Keep P4 and buy a mavic air.! haha! I could take it in trips, airplanes etc.

Coming from the P4 you'd be disappointed in the Mavic Air range, less than a mile range because it uses Wi-Fi for video comm. If you're ok with the P4 video quality the Mavic 2 Zoom is very similar, but you'll love the 2X optical zoom, not available on any other drone of this cost. The Mavic Air battery lasts 15 min, the Mavic 2 lasts 22 min, 50% longer, way better flight duration. The MavicAir is really loud during flight, the Mavic 2 is one of the quietest drones around.

Reactions: Brockrock
They say mavic 2 has some problems with sea.It falls when its above.Dont know if it's true.
The best for me is to keep the P4 and buy a mavic air for traveling.But it needs to spend more money than to sell phantom 4 and buy a mavic 2!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31