Seems Women don't like flying drones...

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

on second thought maybe because they are out there flying and not taking about it on forums ;)

Reactions: Jtrjr
I don't speak the equine dialect be it English or German.
Gary

How hard can it be to say giddyup in German, hehe. It sounds the same to me :)

Reactions: Jtrjr
I believe I have tried everything I know It just Boots up then beeps once and stares at me

I have a teenage daughter who is big into gaming, cars...etc (bit of a tomboy). She presents her online persona as male to avoid harassment. The minute she's ever been "outed" some of the crap I've seen people say/do is absolutely outrageous.

So what I'm saying is, there might be more women hanging around the hobby than you realize. They just don't like to out themselves and then be harassed.

That said, I've been flying fixed wing since the early 1990's and can recall the women I've seen in the hobby/sport on one hand.

For your eyes only. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mark The Droner
My wife (of 53 years) flys a Typhoon Q500+, a Typhoon 4K, and two Phantom P3P. She has actually flown faster than I have. We just returned from a two week camping, Jeeping, shooting, and flying trip in the Arizona desert outback. We only saw one person in 14 days, except when we drove the Jeep to a small town to get more gas. This month I will turn 79 years old, and we both will be the same age. God has been very good to us. Enjoy everything while you still can.
Joe
KC7GHT

Only a select few amazing women are drone pilots. Me and one of my best friends both have drones. I am a P4 pilot and she flies a 3DR solo.

The hardest part of being a woman in any male dominated hobby is when you are better at it than most of the guys you know and then the guy gets his pride hurt. This was also the case when I was in RC car racing. The guys were cool with me and my best friend racing novice but when we honed in our skills and were racing Sportman, Expert and Mod just like them they didn't like finishing after us. I love it when a guy welcomes me into his gender dominated hobby but doesn't have an ego about it. Women who are into Motorsports, mechanical stuff and male dominated hobbies are hard to find. Most girls don't want to get dirty, wrench on stuff or have a general interest in guy dominated hobbies. I am the exact opposite. My perfect day would be doing something that involves some kind of off-road event, camping or cool hobby (like flying my P4).

One day when I do find the guy of my dreams we will have an amazing garage full of toys, tons of tools and an awesome work area. At the same time he better hold his own, because nothing drives me more crazy then a guy who isn't handy and needs someone else to fix stuff for him.

Hopefully DJI is smart and never makes a pink version of anything they sell. If a women doesn't see the awesomeness in the hobby already they don't deserve to be a phantom pilot with the rest of us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav