Seek thermal camera attached to P4 gimbal

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Hereby I describe how I mounted a "Seek compact pro" thermal camera to the gimbal of my P4.
The parts are designed by Sketchup software and printed by a 3D printer.
A mobile phone (android) is mounted to P4 to drive the thermal camera and record the video.
This short video shows how the camera is attached to the gimbal:
These are two sample videos showing the thermal and optical images simultaneously:

The phone is attaches to the drone legs, not to the gimbal.
Only the camera is attached to the gimbal.
None are too heavy :)
I see now, brilliant! If the phone can do online streaming (I guess all do nowadays), a second tablet could provide a live thermal image.

Reactions: snekooei
It ironic how many people are looking for a system like that. Here your chance to buy up a bunch of older model cell phones cheap and put together a marketable system.
The Chinese uses older cell phones to make car camera.
A company uses older cell phones to make children, handicap and elderly location monitors.

I wonder what is the lightest/smallest thing, that can drive this camera. Any smartwatch capable? A 100g+ phone will have an effect on flight time.

Reactions: LARA images
This is great, where do I buy these mounts for my p4p. For the camera and the smartphone mount.

Does anybody have a tutorial on how to transmit video from the phone on the Drone to your phone on the controller

Snekooei, do you have any other information on those mounts? Many are curious

Wonder what happened to the OP,
if he's got any information on those mounts?

Snekooei, do you have any other information on those mounts? Many are curious
Sorry for delay in response.
The mounts are designed and 3d printed by myself. I do not intend to sell them, cause various phone type and thermal camera types (such as flir one) have different sizes. So the thing I designed and 3d printed might not be good for everyone.
Besides, mounting the camera to the gimbal adds a weight to the gimbal. I have encountered "gimbal overload warning" at some occasions, especially in strong winds.
Altogether, this is not a completed and mature project yet. But I am working to make things better, When done, I'll be glad to share the results.
To me, this is not a profitable project.
p.s. The delay in response is because I didn't receive post notifications in my Email. Do you know why?

I wonder what is the lightest/smallest thing, that can drive this camera. Any smartwatch capable? A 100g+ phone will have an effect on flight time.
Maybe a Raspbery PI project with a video transmitter?
I am thinking about it if I have some free time...

Reactions: FlyingUser

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20