Second largest fortress of a historic dutch defense line

Reaction score
Hello all,

Earlier this month I shot some nice videomaterial around and above the second largest fortress of the "Nieuwe Hollandse Waterlinie", it's a line of defense in the Netherlands were we used to burn farms and after that flood the entire area to withold the enemy from occupying our country.
During WWII it became obsolote with the massive production and usage of airplanes.

This defense line still exists and we hope it will be on the UNESCO list of world heritage. I'm in a project of my own (should last for maybe 1 or 2 years to finish it :)) for filming all the fortresses and sites of this defense line.

A few I already filmed, but recently the fortress called "Fort bij Vechten". It houses the museum on this defense line and is really nice to visit and even more when you see it from above!

The people working at the museum already contacted me because they really like the video I shot. So I'm posting it also here, for all you pilots to enjoy this piece of history!

It was nice receiving lots of positive feedback from people on this video, great to see people also like the footage drones shoot of their neighbourhood

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Primpwatcher
So I'm posting it also here, for all you pilots to enjoy this piece of history!
What a really interesting piece of design, and seeing it from the air is very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. I think what they have done as restoration in halving it is great, so your take on it around 2:20 is really good. Thanks again

Reactions: stickybit
Thanks! As I was flying above the fortress it was the first time I realized that they split the fortress in 2 halves. After seeing that, I read some information about the restoration and there it was mentioned.

So by flying a drone I got to see and know even more than before :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic