SDK for 3rd Party Apps for the P4

Reaction score
Now that the SDK has been out short while for the Phantom 4, which apps are people thinking of using and why? I've been looking at the Autopilot app by AutoFlight Logic as it offers seemingly good waypoint management and camera control. This is still in beta so have not tested it. I'm curious.

I am waiting on Litchi, I have read many good things about it, mainly way points without having to fly the route... And hoping to have control over altitude instead of big brother telling me how high I can fly.

I have litchi as well and the beta is suppose to work, but I'm having issues.

I keep getting "you have hit rth, will start is 10 seconds. ". Something like that. I try to cancel it and it just pops back up. I meant to screen shot but my phone died before I could. Headed back out after Easter dinner and will try again.

I keep getting "you have hit rth, will start is 10 seconds. ". Something like that. I try to cancel it and it just pops back up. I meant to screen shot but my phone died before I could. Headed back out after Easter dinner and will try again.

I had an issue come up a few times with Litchi beta similar to this. The P4 would return to home during a mission out of RC range. A few times it initiated a return to home mid mission before hitting all of the waypoints and I cant figure out why. It was not a battery RTH or a loss of signal RTH either. When it returned the battery was around 39 percent one of the times and it did fine out of rc range for 5-6 waypoints before deciding to come home. My P3 would always complete the entire mission whether or not the drone stayed in range.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459383555.236520.jpg

This the error I got. I did not initiate it and had plenty of battery. Before it happen on take off. This time it happen on the way back.

Could this unexpected RTH have something to do with Smart RTH being enabled? I have only flown a couple of 8 minute Litchi/P4 missions always retuning with greater than 50%....no problems so far other than I can't seem to push the speed up beyond 33mph...likely a Litchi P3 holdover.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic