Screaming Amazon.com deal on Sandisk 200GB Micro SD @ $35

Reaction score
upload_2018-9-26_13-33-21.png

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Excellent info and thanks for sharing.
een using one of these shooting 4k and seems to work fine.

Excellent info and thanks for sharing.
een using one of these shooting 4k and seems to work fine.
It may work OK on older drones, the newest seems to require a fast U3 card.

Reactions: Douglas Scott Sr
OUTSTANDING INFO! I have been buying my cards based on the number in the circle and never looked at the U number. Thanks!
If you poke around that site I linked you will find an SD card tool that is a free download. I use it for all my SD cards. Lots of good info on that site.

My machine..Mavic Air..( August 2018 Purchase ) Writes 4K video at 100MBS..

I think you mean 100Mbps, that is bits, not Bytes. That is about 12MBps

The write speed for this card seems to be around 90MBps, which is very good, and more than enough for any of the DJI models recording with H264 or H265 codecs.

Reactions: Oso
If the chip speed is too slow, your $35 chip may be worthless for drone video capture. I find that the Sandisk Extreme Plus speed works fine. A 64-GB capacity has enough capacity for 3 batteries of flight time with my Mavic 2 Pro.

Capital MB/s=bytes....not bits...Google the definition of MB/s...fact check your opinion as other people may think you know what you are talking about and promote incorrect information..Thank you for you input
Simple question was- can you get more than 5mins of 100mb/s if video on that card?

Capital MB/s=bytes....not bits...Google the definition of MB/s...fact check your opinion as other people may think you know what you are talking about and promote incorrect information..Thank you for you input
With respect sir, you are the latest of many who have been confused by the terminology.
Most are also confused between read speed and write speed, though it appears you understand that aspect.

Of course, the truth is that a Mavic Air has a max bitrate of 100 Mb/s. That equals 12 MB/s. It clearly does not write video at 100 MB/s as you noted earlier.

Mavic Air Bitrate.JPG

With respect sir, you are the latest of many who have been confused by the terminology.
Most are also confused between read speed and write speed, though it appears you understand that aspect.

Of course, the truth is that a Mavic Air has a max birtate of 100 Mb/s. That equals 12 MB/s.

View attachment 103896
Careful.... You might become another promoter of false facts....

If he doesn’t need a 120 Gig card for every flight (assuming he is shooting 4K) he definitely has his big M’s and little m’s mixed up.

WOW...I am totally wrong...Mavic Air = Max Video Bitrate100Mbps..that is bits not bytes..Thank you all for taking me to school..I am now less IGNORANT>>>
Help Guide | Estimated recording time of movies
Estimated recording time of movies

The following shows the approximate total recording times using a memory card formatted with this camera.
The values may vary depending on the shooting conditions and the type of memory card used.
XAVC S 4K Average recording time (FDR-X1000V)
Recorded image: 100 Mbps
When using 64GB memory card: Approx. 75 minutes

Recorded image: 60 Mbps
When using 64GB memory card: Approx. 125 minutes

XAVC S HD Average recording time (FDR-X1000V)

Recorded image: 50 Mbps
When using 64GB memory card: Approx. 155 minutes

XAVC S HD Average recording time (HDR-AS200V)

MP4 Average recording time
Image quality: PS
When using 8GB memory card: 35 minutes

When using 16GB memory card: 75 minutes

When using 32GB memory card: 155 minutes

When using 64GB memory card: 320 minutes

Image quality: HS120/HS100/HS240/HS200

Image quality: HQ
When using 8GB memory card: 60 minutes

When using 16GB memory card: 125 minutes

When using 32GB memory card: 250 minutes

When using 64GB memory card: 505 minutes

Note
  • The recordable time may vary depending on the recording conditions, subjects, and the image quality setting.
  • Continuous movie shooting time is approximately 13 hours maximum.
    However, when the movie format is set to MP4 and the imaging frame rate is 240p/200p in high speed recording, the continuous movie shooting time is approximately 4 hours 50 minutes maximum, when the imaging frame rate is 120p/100p in high speed recording, the continuous movie shooting time is approximately 9 hours 40 minutes maximum.
  • The times shown are recordable times using a Sony memory card.
Go to Page Top
So a 32GB SD card written at 100Mbs will =37.5 minutes @ 100Mbs

WOW...I am totally wrong...Mavic Air = Max Video Bitrate100Mbps..that is bits not bytes..Thank you all for taking me to school..I am now less IGNORANT>>>
Help Guide | Estimated recording time of movies
Estimated recording time of movies

The following shows the approximate total recording times using a memory card formatted with this camera.
The values may vary depending on the shooting conditions and the type of memory card used.
XAVC S 4K Average recording time (FDR-X1000V)

XAVC S HD Average recording time (FDR-X1000V)

XAVC S HD Average recording time (HDR-AS200V)

MP4 Average recording time
Image quality: PS

Image quality: HS120/HS100/HS240/HS200

Image quality: HQ
When using 8GB memory card: 60 minutes

When using 16GB memory card: 125 minutes

When using 32GB memory card: 250 minutes

When using 64GB memory card: 505 minutes

Note
  • The recordable time may vary depending on the recording conditions, subjects, and the image quality setting.
  • Continuous movie shooting time is approximately 13 hours maximum.
    However, when the movie format is set to MP4 and the imaging frame rate is 240p/200p in high speed recording, the continuous movie shooting time is approximately 4 hours 50 minutes maximum, when the imaging frame rate is 120p/100p in high speed recording, the continuous movie shooting time is approximately 9 hours 40 minutes maximum.
  • The times shown are recordable times using a Sony memory card.
Go to Page Top
So a 32GB SD card written at 100Mbs will =37.5 minutes @ 100Mbs
Your welcome- knew you would get there.... That was my intent in giving you a practical example. Let you perform your own fact check so to speak absent attitude and unnecessary agro.

Notwithstanding looks to be an absolute ball tearer of a card you have got. Getting the files off the card should be very quick.

Your welcome- knew you would get there.... That was my intent in giving you a practical example. Let you perform your own fact check so to speak absent attitude and unnecessary agro.

Notwithstanding looks to be an absolute ball tearer of a card you have got. Getting the files off the card should be very quick.
Sorry..Everything about this discussion has been incorrect..This Memory card is not a Micro SD and will not work in my Phantom 3 or my new Mavic Air..Please SCRUB all that info so as not to mislead anyone..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20