satellites drop slightly when recording video - SOLVED

Which mod are you referring to? Shielding over top/GPS or anti-static shielding underneath the unit?

I was doing the over top mod, where the GPS Module cable is posicionated under the original Phantom shield, but as I read that the interference problem is with the GPS cable, to ensure it would work, I had also envolved the cable with aluminium foil, and used a piece of tape to separate the cable from the GPS board under the original shield, but I believe that when I tried to reposition the cable to match de plug over the motherboard, a piece of the cable with aluminium become in touch with de GPS board. As I said, I was too much careless, (better thinking, a stupid also).

Anyway, just to end the story, after intalled the new GPS Module, and do the over top mod again (carefully this time), the satellites signial was improved, and I got 7-8 satellites more easily, but it was still dropping satellites when I was starting to record a video. So I tried the underneath mod, and then it really works, and then I a got until 11 satellites in a full cloud day (awsome). Now I'm very satisfied and confident do fly with my PV2+ (V2).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1