San Francisco Pilots

i fly my helis and planes in brisbane all the time. i am working today and tomorrow then off till next week so if any of you guys wanna meet up let me know.

I might be free Wednesday or Thursday around lunch for a quick flight. I've flown over the Mission Bay area by the water near 3rd Street and 16th Street. Let me know.

i haven't tried with my p4 yet but with the p2 and when they updated the software i was able to fly just flew towards san fran. maybe i will try this weekend

Man, I keep passing by when your closed, Rex said he stopped in and met you. We flew for a little while last sat. Sunday was too windy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
you fair weather flyer you. I hooked my googles up. maybe this weekend we can fly again. if its not to windy for you

LOL, not I I fly in wind, now Rex on the other hand, he's the fair weather flyer. Yeah I want to see though in action so I know if I want to buy those style.

Hello,
I live in Concord, and have discovered a few great places to fly. Hit me up if you want to get together and I'll show you a couple of spots.

I'm in Antioch with my P3P. I flew recently around the Delta by the Antioch bridge. Great scenery. Let me know of other interesting places to fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: liketogethigh
What areas in San Francisco can you fly and won't get hassled by authorities? What about the candlestick park area?

Any SF area folks out there since the last post? I’m in SF and recently got a P4P+. I’m not the most experienced pilot but I do know a thing or two about taking photos and would love to find folks to fly and shoot with.

Any SF area folks out there since the last post? I’m in SF and recently got a P4P+. I’m not the most experienced pilot but I do know a thing or two about taking photos and would love to find folks to fly and shoot with.

Hey there. Yes we are out here. Welcome.

I’m flying a P3P, Mavic Pro and a P4P. Haven’t been flying as much as of lately with the shorty days but happy to meet up sometime and get so air time.

Where have you been flying?

Supprised to see so many people flying around here. Didn’t realize. I’m in Castro Valley, most East Bay parks and open areas are no fly these days. Haven’t flown in the city itself much, other then Lands Ends and Treasure Island. Treasure Island just banned drones, so that’s out. Would be great to go flying with a group if any of you are up for it one of these weekends.

You can find beautiful spots on hwy 1 North

You can find beautiful spots on hwy 1 North

True, Point Reyes is no fly, I have had some luck around the Russian River Valley but haven’t been much north of that. South down through Moss beach there are some nice spots. Might take a trip a but further up to see what’s there. Any spots you would recommend?

Bodega bay is one nice spot. End of the Russian river into the ocean is another.

Hey there. Yes we are out here. Welcome.

I’m flying a P3P, Mavic Pro and a P4P. Haven’t been flying as much as of lately with the shorty days but happy to meet up sometime and get so air time.

Where have you been flying?

Great responses! Nice to hear from you all. I’ve been mostly flying around my home in the City. Frustrated trying to find legal spots. I’m open to weekend ideas - especially in good light - if someone has a recommended safe and legal location.

Treasure Island just banned drones, so that’s out.

Hey, thanks for this info. Just today I posted a question about Treasure Island on the Rules and Regs forum. You’ve answered the mystery of why I saw aerials from there but couldn’t find a legal spot last weekend. I’m definitely up for some weekend flying. Just need suggestions say within an hour’s drive or so from SF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20