San Francisco Pilots

Reaction score
Hi Gang,
Just got my Phantom 2. Have not flown her yet. Looking for others in or around San Francisco to get together and toss ideas around, help, fly, etc.
Hope to hear from you!
John

San Mateo here

Hey Guys.
I live in SF as well. Just got my phantom a couple months ago. I have had the opportunity to fly it about 3 times. I guess the biggest constraint for me is that I am not that good as flying it yet. This means I have to be pretty selective where to fly it so I don't loose it into the Bay or against some building.

I just started searching for some meetups. I found a drone group here:
http://www.drone-hub.com/tag/san-francisco-drone-meetup

Have you guys found any other groups around the area? Or have you found any other folks who own a drone/quadcopter?

I went down to the financial district my first time. I found a real quiet alley one weekend. It's like ghost town down there Sat and Sun. I went up to Point Reyes on another occasion and then down by Lake Merrit.

Thats the thing about flying in the city...too many gat **** people! :lol: I don't mind a 1 or 2 people asking me questions, but 50 people talking about me like I'm not there gets fuckin annoying lol. "Oh look hun, its one of those drone things, but who's controlling it?? Oh wait I see him. The guy in the red sweatshirt" LMAO....hello! I can hear you! These things just attract so much attention.

Anyway, I'm looking for like one or 2 other people who are down to fly (preferably east bay) one early morning in a semi populated area I was thinking Jack London Square would be fun or even San Leandro Marina. Somewhere busy enough get some interesting video, but not so swamped with people that its gets annoying. I think with one or two other folks people will be less likely to intrude for some reason. Who knows...

Who's down?

I'm in Belmont with a P2V+ and found some good places to fly. Love to meet up with other Peninsula owners.

I'm in Los Altos with a P1.2.1. I tried to organize a get-together a few months back at Sunnyvale Baylands Park, but no one responded. That park does have a designated area for RC aircraft, including quadrotors, but the day use fee is $6 per car. The entrance booth isn't manned every day of the year, but I don't know exactly what season(s) require the fee.

I live in SF and am in San Carlos frequently.

Just got a Phantom 2/Hero 4 setup. Haven't flown it yet. Have been practicing with toy quadcopters for a few months to get the basics of flying down.

I'm in Daly City here and work down in San Mateo at a place called Ah Sam Florist and Greenhouse every weekend. Shoot me a PM, I'm down to meet up and fly. Here is a little video I through together for the guys at Ah Sam, they wanted to see how many greenhouse windows were broken, and as you can see they have quite a bit of property. And a little shot from above Aragon High school in San Mateo (unedited shot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cQN-Ik1bk

Sounds good. I don't think it is letting me respond to your PM as of right now. I live in SF right by Golden Gate Park. Just getting the kit setup, it was a kit from B&H so there are quite a few parts and things to figure out.

TB_SF said:
Sounds good. I don't think it is letting me respond to your PM as of right now. I live in SF right by Golden Gate Park. Just getting the kit setup, it was a kit from B&H so there are quite a few parts and things to figure out.

Alright, it's raining now but Sunday looks good, got anything planned? Feel free to email me at [email protected]

TB_SF said:
I am near GG Park too. I practice at Big Rec when I get the chance.

Hi from San Mateo. Just got a P2 Vision and looking to fly with others. Would be cool to get a decent sized group together one weekend.

-Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20