Samsung S8 Crash

Reaction score
Sounds like other people are installing an older version of the DJI app, but v 4.1.8 seems to be the culprit in causing my phone to crash (restart). I have a Sam. Tab that I normally use to avoid this but I want to start using Drone Deploy to photograph an agricultural field. Drone Deploy requires a certain version of Android to be running and the Tab doesn't have an upgrade available for that version or higher which leaves me having to use my phone for drone deploy at this time. Tried the DD yesterday and the phone crashed while the drone was on the way to the start point. I didn't even have the DJI GO 4 app running, but does DD run it in the background? If not, maybe there is another problem.
Phantom 4 Pro, all firmware up to date.

Samsungs are terrible devices to use with DJI GO, imho. I have two (Trying to be cheap) and they alternate between not connecting to connecting to shutting down and rebooting. I suspect it is with Samsung sending out periodic updates, or Google, that messes with GO, as well as GO itself at times. I get too many background apps that sneak up and run in the background and need to be shut down and take up resources. Don't know if that is a fault of Android, but it seems so.

I have had far better luck with the Apple iPad Air 2, but it is getting old now too (No longer made.) and is beginning to lag out the video and having connection issues where it has to be unplugged and then plugged back in. It doesn't seem to let many, if any at all, background apps self-launch and run like the Samsung does. Even GO 4 sometimes self-starts and runs in the background on the Sammys and I never use it that day. I force close one free Android app and today it is up and running again. The Sam 10" tablet now takes maybe 5 seconds to respond to me pressing a button which requires me to shut it off and restart so it works faster. The S6 phone works now where the past 6 months it never connected, but it breaks up the video feed badly now too.

Probably best to get the more powerful iPad Pro A10x model as GO continues to demand more powerful processing, if DJI doesn't try and eliminate some of the app's bloat. It's on my Xmas list.

Apple products are not an option, I have boycotted them ever since the public schools tried to force them on us.

It's also worth mentioning that I have not used the DGI go 4 app since I last re installed it, today when I open the app it required a sign in before I could get into the app.

I've been using the Ipad 2017 (9.7in screen) , i think it's the best compromise with the A9 processor and cost (half the cost of the 10.5in A10x Ipad Pro)
The smaller 9.7in form factor is easier to handle, fits in perfectly with the P4P controller.

I find that with the 470nits screen brightness and screen size I'm not using the mini 4 anymore, however the Ipad Pro 10.5 is much brighter at 600nits

I just had 2 successful flights with drone deploy using my S8. This time I made sure that I closed all other apps before starting drone deploy.

Does anyone know if the note8 is a good phone to run an older version of dji go 4 app on?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT