Safe to update P4P?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I flew my p4p a while ago for the first time in probably a year and it was advising me to update.

I know one of the updates since my last update was bricking batteries and causing all sorts of other issues but I’m just wondering what the current firmware is like?

I’m soon to be travelling around Australia so won’t have the opportunity to update again readily available so I’m kinda mixed as to what to do.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Reactions: Micky
Hi Ben01
No problem with the latest update, I fly the P4 pro + v2 in Australia and have not experienced any problems to date!
Cheers
Adrian

I never update and will not unless I have to to keep flying. I don't want to risk problems noted on this board plus the new issues with Geofencing and NFZ's. I just don't trust DJI!!!

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Please explain I'm new. I just bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro +. Should I update it because for sure I have the original first batch

Mate the P4P+ are nothing short of a nightmare. I personally think it’s due to the rubbish android system they’ve paired it up with.

Have you actually set it up yet? Turned it on and been bombarded with the update messages and no fly zone updates etc ? If not let me know and I’ll explain to you the best and easiest way to sort it out without feeling like you want to smash your brand new drone.

Reactions: Frylikeabird
Mate the P4P+ are nothing short of a nightmare. I personally think it’s due to the rubbish android system they’ve paired it up with.

Have you actually set it up yet? Turned it on and been bombarded with the update messages and no fly zone updates etc ? If not let me know and I’ll explain to you the best and easiest way to sort it out without feeling like you want to smash your brand new drone.
I'm still debating if I should return it. It's still sealed. I'm planning to do mapping and measurement with it. Is it that bad? I got it under $1500!

I'm still debating if I should return it. It's still sealed. I'm planning to do mapping and measurement with it. Is it that bad? I got it under $1500!
It's not bad at all. Some people don't like the OS system in the controller, others don't mind. You can always buy a normal controller and use that with your tablet or phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik