Rumor for you - Phantom 4

I would just be happy if they increased the max bitrate of video storage and put a 20mp camera on with everything else exactly the same.

We only want a puppy!! ;-) I have enough fancy Dandy toys...
Well actually there is this one unit I do rather like, although it's way too pricey, for my present budget.
But it's sweet... Especially love the awesome elaborate harness and radio controller setup.... Hehe
And it can easily carry my Phantom 3 Pro' to a great height and then release to launch it.
Brilliant.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Best be more than just the 4k for the $1700 price tag. That alone keeps me away for now.

Little birdie told me 4K at 60fps for the Phantom 4. I hope this is true. This would make me upgrade. Guess we will see on March 1st.
raw, uncompressed ( yv12 format, typical for bluray, video cameras etc) : 12 bits per pixel x resolution x frames = 12 x 3840 x 2160 x 60 = 5,971,968,000 bps = 5,971,968 kbps = 711 MB/s

compressed with lossless compression (huffyuv, magicyuv, other codecs), depending on content complexity, usually 1:5 - 1:2 , so about 100-400 MB/s

with lossy compression... h264/avc would probably need around 60-80 mbps for great quality, 20-40mbps would work for youtube quality h265 / hevc would give great results with 50-70 mbps, probably will do youtube quality for 20-30 mbps.

Lets hope they are able to get minimal 100mbs to process and sufficient buffer and write speed on the SD card.
The only option I see to get those speeds is to use an SSD drive or use the new H265 hevc compression. The SSD are light and fast enough to write those speeds. A 120gig SSD is affordable these days and would be sufficient for 4K @ 60FPS for a few flights provided optimal compression is used...

Last edited:
How about not making it look so ugly anymore!? Ugly and like a toy, I should say. [emoji12]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20