RTH accuracy?

Depends on a lot of things.... not so accurate at the North or South poles. Depends on number to sat locks as well. This can differ from area to area. As mentioned, usually with a foot or two but can be as far as 10-15'.

I've said it many times... I never recommend relying on RTH. I would only use it as a last resort.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I read that if you take off, rise to 30 feet and then fly away, supposedly gives it a better terrain pattern to home on and increases accuracy.

I read that if you take off, rise to 30 feet and then fly away, supposedly gives it a better terrain pattern to home on and increases accuracy.
That's a feature of the P4 pro and Adv. which can use optical guidance for precision landing.
Still it's just a gimmick rather than a necessary feature.
It's easy enough to land yourself wherever you want to.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
That's a feature of the P4 pro and Adv. which can use optical guidance for precision landing.
Still it's just a gimmick rather than a necessary feature.
It's easy enough to land yourself wherever you want to.
True and more fun too. But in an emergency, closer is better.
I did not realize that was a P4P feature only.

If you activate RTH within about 60' of home pointe it will land where you activated RTH.

60' is approximate the manual give the actual distance. Shortly after getting my P3A, I used 2 batteries playing with RTH so I could build some confidence with it and see it's limitations. I fly with FPV goggles and when I lose video signal I hit RTH and when I get video back I cancel RTH and carry on.

Hope this helps.

. . . It's easy enough to land yourself wherever you want to.
Not if your RC fails (dead/bad battery). For that reason the OP has a valid question, one I wanted answered.

Usually 10'.

However I have seen 200' error several times and altitude error as well.

This is especially true in valleys or areas with tall buildings. Tall trees can cause errors as well.

I have also had complete GPS failure. This is why I only fly LOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94