Risk assessment template

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone has a template for a pre flight risk assessment? I can make a template easy enough but not sure what to put on it.

I would imagine something like this would be more for the commercial guys but am interested in what should be on it and what to look for when flying.

Even for those of us that don't fly commercially I think it would be handy, I am thinking it could include other info like a list of shots that you want to take, would be good to look back on at a later date.

All the best

James

did anyone reply to this I cant see they have, I also need a risk assessment

Sorry if I appear to be a touch rude - not intended honestly.

But a RA form ?? I think many people are sick to death of such in the workplace ... I know I am .... I used to have a pre-flight check list for my normal models - that soon got binned ....

I appreciate that it may be a good idea for newcomer to the hobby ... but would soon be an automatic matter to go through before flight.

For example you soon learn the basics as an automatic check without a document :

Props on good.
Batterys charged
Tablet in place
Level patch to start up with camera able to move freely, (amazing how many times I've seen others have camera catch a lump on ground when doing the 'dance').
No animals / people near
Trees and obstructions clear of.
Power up and make sure Green GPS mode is good to go.

Nigel

Hi James. As a hobbyist you don’t have to worry too much about it. Just stick to the drone code and follow what solentlife said. However identifying the risks he mentioned are only half the deal, you also have to know how you are going to mitigate them to reduce risk or likelihood or both. E.g trees near by? Increase RTH so it flies in above the trees. Possible incursion by public to your LZ? Identify alternative LZ in area. There is no definitive list as the risks and likelihood will vary from location to location and what you are trying to achieve.

If you are still interested Kittyhawk.io has one already built into their system which I use. Sim0le and quick but does cover the basics. I have a half completed one of my own too.
I can understand being fed up with risk assessment from when I used to work, but I use it here as a PfCO holder so for me it is almost essential. But I also know what risks there are and mitigate them as far as possible because it makes it safer and less worrisome for me. As Skellyrocker said you don’t have to do this as a hobby pilot, but if you want to keep records and it helps you then it’s only a minute or so out of your life. Currently I find I am doing about fifteen minutes of ‘paperwork’ before each flight, can be a pain sometime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic