Rewiring DJI Phantom 2 Vision to use WiFi without Camera

Reaction score
Hey guys recently I made a mount for my GoPro to replace the Phantom 2 Vision camera. Great shots from it but I am flying without any WiFi connection so I cannot see the battery level or location or anything.

I have seen on here that people have rewired their P2 Vision+ to have the WiFi work without the gimble attached but I am not sure how it applies with the P2 Vision. Any ideas?

Vision NON PLUS wifi is onboard the camera, not the p2 main board, the plus wifi module can be powered without the camera, where the non plus cannot, you need to search P2 and GO PRO, requires a transmitter, receiver, monitor, and mini IOSD unit. All p2 phantom mainboards are the same ( except early versions before zen muse port was added, but that is a while ago. ) hope this helps! And good luck!

J Dot
:cool:

Vision NON PLUS wifi is onboard the camera, not the p2 main board, the plus wifi module can be powered without the camera, where the non plus cannot, you need to search P2 and GO PRO, requires a transmitter, receiver, monitor, and mini IOSD unit. All p2 phantom mainboards are the same ( except early versions before zen muse port was added, but that is a while ago. ) hope this helps! And good luck!

J Dot

Thanks for the info.

If I don't care about being able to see the camera viewpoint through wifi would it be an easier to access wifi to the drone for information on location, battery level, etc ?

Yes IOSD is the internal on screen display unit ( hence IOSD ) will only give you telemetry but no video that is where transmitter/receiver and monitor come in. Now I'm not sure if it works through app or not, or requires a receiver and monitor? You'll have to research all that, I just know before the vision hit the market, the p2 guys were doing that, so search p2 archieves here, and I'm sure you can find the answers you need!

J Dot

I purchased the Phantom from an individual, not a store. 6 months later, after winter storage, I han no live video feed.
I tried all the internet fixes, nothing worked. Called dji, since I did not buy from dji or an authorized rep, there was no warranty.
Cost to fix was in the hundreds of dollars, then some reported that after the wifi module was replaced, the same black screen appeared.
I got frustrated with an expensive quad and not being able to use it as intended. So I did some major modifications, didn't cost much. Now I have video, osd and actually like it better.
Here is a link to my youtube fix. I discuss what I did in video.
Hope this helps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Stev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers