Reviving batteries

Maybe in your country but here in the USA I have the same protection as a regular CC from a seller. First you say " some of the budget airlines who will not accept Credit cards .... Ever wondered why ?"
Now your saying " some purchases dont qualify for protective refund by DEbit card and is why some Budget Airlines like them ..."
Are you sure you know what your saying or do you care to explain your reasoning ?.And what is it with this Budget Airlines ?,we were talking about getting a refund on a Phanton due to a bad battery.
I know the thread is old, however work in financial institution in US and wanted to explain. There is a difference in the guaranteed protections that CC companies may have and the banks that issue Debit cards, is really up to the establishment and sometimes they may extend similar protections, sometimes not. The biggest difference is that with CC you have not paid/lost money yet and as long as charge is in dispute not out any either. Debit that money is out of your account immediately, or a hold placed, so you are out of it. Now will depend on the financial institution how they deal with disputes on debit, but many times that dispute can take a while sometimes not having access to that money during that time, some banks may put the money back but if the dispute is not resolve/cleared will remove it again. I never use a debit card where as cannot use a pin#, ATM, POS (if can use pin, no credit charge) and when using online I use a virtual number good for that purchase/specific amount, expires in 1-2 months etc. Also use Virtual for reoccurring charges for phone, etc, limited to 6-12 months at a time, especially to expire a month before that auto renewal crap :) I can close a virtual if decide no longer needed without having to get my physical card closed and reissued. If can get a CC and be disciplined to pay it every month, the use that other than ATM, buying groceries or other using POS, but not as a credit card.

A standard LiPo (HV or normal) can be 'jolted' to start charging - but you need to use non LiPo methods to do it ... and extreme care ...

DJI have prevented us the owners from accessing the battery itself - so many of the LiPo tricks you learn as the 'knowledge grows' cannot be used ... some say Good - as that stops idiots and protects DJI !

If you have access to a Programmable LiPo charger ... then I am willing to pass on a few 'tricks' via PM ... but not publicly here on the thread. I will not be accused of teaching bad ways .... :eek:

Generally if the LiPo is dead .. its DEAD DEAD DEAD !!

Puffy has nothing to do with it ... that just shows that internal gassing has occurred usually due to too high a demand or damage to battery cells. In fact you can have a puffed cell and still have reasonable use out of it ... BUT you better keep a close eye on it !! (I fly EDF's and high speed record breakers ... puffing is an accepted problem !)

Nigel
Hi Nigel
I will appreciate some tips using a programmable LIpo charger
[email protected]
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20