Replacement bearing parts

Reaction score
I got into a pretty nasty crash and while I have all the bearings I lost a thrust washer and retainer clip. Anyone know where I can buy just these parts? Complete bearing sets are sort of expensive.

Thanks!

I got into a pretty nasty crash and while I have all the bearings I lost a thrust washer and retainer clip. Anyone know where I can buy just these parts? Complete bearing sets are sort of expensive.

Thanks!
Amain hobby has bearings, I think they come in a bag of 4.. You will want 3x8x4mm bearings. You may find them cheaper somewhere but these are good bearings and not that expensive. There are also cheap complete sets on e-bay, but I don't know the quality. The ones at Amain are Align.

Last edited:
Must admit, I had no idea motor bearings were serviceable/replaceable until this thread and a little searching -

Yes I was able to replace the lost bearing using one from a broken motor but I'm afraid I will lose those retainer clips at some point so was hoping someone knew where those are available

Buy more of those clips than you need. I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or 4 either floating around the house somewhere or have long been sucked up by the vacuum. Those things are a PITA to replace too.

Why would one buy new bearings when you can get new motors for about $16 a piece? I forget some like to tinker :)

Why would one buy new bearings when you can get new motors for about $16 a piece? I forget some like to tinker :)

Not just tinkering but quick look around indicates you can buy a large number of bearings for around the cost of 1 motor. When it comes to BLDC motors, bearings = the only wear item. So as long as the windings aren’t damaged/burned why not keep it spinning?

Not just tinkering but quick look around indicates you can buy a large number of bearings for around the cost of 1 motor. When it comes to BLDC motors, bearings = the only wear item. So as long as the windings aren’t damaged/burned why not keep it spinning?
Still, you must like tinkering a LOT more than me, I hated opening the case and replacing a motor. I'd have paid someone to do it except they weren't available at the time. I want to do one thing with my drone... fly it. :)

Reactions: Ti22

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20