Repetitive blurriness in video

Hi all. Looking for some help troubleshooting video abnormalities on my phantom 4 pro.

Every 1 to 2 seconds the camera tries to refocus or maybe it tries to reset exposure...but in the attached video you can see this repetitive blurriness. It occurs regardless if auto exposure is on or off.

Any inputs, suggestions most appreciated.

Dropbox - 43DDBA7A-0DB1-41C8-9855-DB9238B90A76.MP4
Yeh same not think it focus,,presume this is not built in screen so I would try change usb cord or check your transmission channel setting,might work better set on one channel instead of auto but I would change usb cord first...also which device you use,do you have another to try

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yeh same not think it focus,,presume this is not built in screen so I would try change usb cord or check your transmission channel setting,might work better set on one channel instead of auto but I would change usb cord first...also which device you use,do you have another to try
I downloaded the file and it will not play on my laptop. File size reads just 220KB. A 23 second MP4 should be around 125 - 150 MB. Definitely some quality issues with the image.

When you click on properties, what kind of information do you see?

Also, I noticed the distortion goes in and out at very precise intervals. Like clockwork. The camera is attemting to stream to the card and is just overwhelmed? I suspect it may be an issue with the SD card. Check the specs on the SD card to ensure it's compatible with your AC and the video speeds your P4 needs to record.

Last edited:
Yes good idea,I watched few times and ever 1 to 2 second intervals, stick another sd card in and try..just record out the door no props ,you should know straight away if cured,,sd card just did not click in me head,,mayby my head needs new one too lol

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Nothing to do with focus. Video is in very low resolution 720P. Check your video settings and SD card as well. It could even be the settings you used to transfer the file to dropbox.

Reactions: Hounddog
Thank you all for the suggestions. I’ll be back to the phantom in a few days and will try the suggestions. FWIW, this was DJI response...I’ve seen way too many awesome and clear videos with trees to believe this could be the issue...thoughts?

It is a pleasure assisting you today. I have checked the video that you have sent and I can see the blurry on the video that you sent. I can see that the blurry issue is happening on the tree foliage. Tree foliage is one of the most challenging problems for MPEG video, as it contains lots of detail and is hard to encode, the best way to deal with it is to dial down the sharpness when you shoot, then bring it up a little in post-production.

Please try to do a faster shutter for a sharper image. Let me know if that will solve the issue.
Thanks a lot for choosing DJI! Our goal is to provide you the best customer service you only deserve.
Best regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan