Repair times?

Reaction score
Well I crashed my sons P4P pretty good, broke gimbel, slight dent where little cover is top of landing gear.

What are he repair times once they receive it?

3-5 weeks pending warranty approval or longer if not. Longer for east coasters too sending to CA.

996b7f108f21e27d2c88462d73d2e56b.jpg

This is a record of my repair. It's due to be delivered in the next 2 days

Good luck, DJI customer service sucks, and if you call for tech advice agents dont have a clue about their product. wish i never purchased

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
I'm pretty frustrated in the fact they sold me a refurbished P3A that was out of stock. Every time I contact them I'm 10 to 15 days out from a shipping date. I'm thinking about demanding a refund and purchasing the drone through another dji outlet. As far as the repair of my P3A I'm very satisfied at this point.

Well, this is encouraging. I was having a stubborn issue with a P4P and sending it back for repairs was a last resort since I've heard so many horror stories on repair times. Before I returned it, I called DJI Support and expressed my concern. I also seized the opportunity to give the C/S rep and ear full (politely) about the dismissive reputation that DJI had in the pilot community regarding repairs, and how the undisputed leader in this segment would just sit on these drone for weeks on end and expect the owners to just suck it up. I told him that the bottom line was that they just needed to hire more technicians to meet the demand and reduce turn around time, inferring that DJI needed to stop denying that fact. At that point, the rep informed me to expect a 7-8 day turn around time (see below; transit time additional). I took him at his word and returned the RC and AC yesterday. I have my fingers crossed. Not much else I could do, as DJI is holding all the cards (not unlike the Cable Companies).

RrVZMZWwTvm5_V3ZU-lOaQ.png

Last edited:
December 25 - Crashed Mavic Pro on Christmas Day(first flight)
December 26 - Shipped Mavic Pro to DJI repair in Cerritos, CA by UPS
January 3 - Received message replacement Mavic Pro shipped
January 5 - UPS tracking shows Mavic Pro arrived at UPS terminal in my city
January 8 - UPS delivery man knocked on my door and rang my doorbell with my replacement Mavic Pro in hand

In a nutshell, it took a day less than two weeks for me.

DJI shipped back my P3A (bricked controller and as it turns out, a camera failure too) the same day they took it out of the box at their California facility.

Your Mileage May Vary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72