Remote not working

Reaction score
Hi guys, Yesterday apparently after updating the firmware controller stopped working, it does not turn on unless it is connected to charger, and it does not even light the LEDs to let you know how many baterry. like the Battery is dead.

Anyone can help?
Controller was not dropped or hit in any way.

Try the controller upgrade again,, maybe it didn't complete.

Perhaps the battery is dead? Try charging it for a day and see what happens.

Try the controller upgrade again,, maybe it didn't complete.
That is my primary theory, but I do not know how to do the upgrade again. I've been trying to remember and i believe that when i did upgrade to drone, controller was on and i turned it off *** soon as upgrade began, so this might had something to do with it. But i have no idea really.

That is my primary theory, but I do not know how to do the upgrade again. I've been trying to remember and i believe that when i did upgrade to drone, controller was on and i turned it off *** soon as upgrade began, so this might had something to do with it. But i have no idea really.

Try this again

Step 3- Update the Remote Controller
1. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
2. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on
the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and
beeping sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid red if upgrade is failed.
Try upgrade again.

Also make sure the remote side charger plug is pushed in all the way. It's kind of a funky plug and takes a bit more to push it in than you'd expect.

Try this again

Step 3- Update the Remote Controller
1. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
2. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on
the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and
beeping sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid red if upgrade is failed.
Try upgrade again.
I did that this morning, i believe the problem was the firmware update to the drone, not the controller (as i read about a similar problem with the phantom 2) so can i just do all the process again with the bird? or is there any PC software like for the vision 2 + where i can check the status?

Also make sure the remote side charger plug is pushed in all the way. It's kind of a funky plug and takes a bit more to push it in than you'd expect.
Believe me I did, and it is working because only when it is plugged in, the controller can be turned on, but if I disconect the charger, the controllers powers off

Believe me I did, and it is working because only when it is plugged in, the controller can be turned on, but if I disconect the charger, the controllers powers off
Plug it in, turn it on and leave it for a while. See if it gains charge.

You either have a defective battery in the controller or you did not charge it long enough. I know the first time I charged mine it took four or five hours before the charge completed and the lights went off. I charged it from about 50 % last evening and it took two hours.

You either have a defective battery in the controller or you did not charge it long enough. I know the first time I charged mine it took four or five hours before the charge completed and the lights went off. I charged it from about 50 % last evening and it took two hours.
Yes I know it takes a long time, but the lights are not even turning on, normally when you plug it in, lights turn on and turn off when controller is fully charge, now nothing lights on.

Yes, sounds like you will have to run the DJI gauntlet. :eek:

So send it in for repair and/or buy a replacement.
I don't want to spend 600 dollars for a replacement when it was a defective item, Drone has 2 weeks, barely 5 flights. I will do my best to figure out how to fix it. Plus even if i want to buy another controller, they are sold out :'(

I don't want to spend 600 dollars for a replacement when it was a defective item, Drone has 2 weeks, barely 5 flights. I will do my best to figure out how to fix it. Plus even if i want to buy another controller, they are sold out :'(
With all the dummies crashing daily, they pop up on eBay pretty regularly. Buy a new one, send yours back for repair/replacement, then sell it on eBay when you get it back. Better than not being able to fly, imo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a83fc889

Reactions: Rodrigo Leal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav