Remote ID - one year away.

Reaction score
We’ll a year from today we’ll need remote ID on our UAS. All newly built drones must have it built in starting today. Some existing drones may have the capability with a firmware update.
I haven’t seen and add on modules but as the time for compliance gets closer I’m sure there’ll be several on the market.

Not sure what's happening in Australia with this, but it's only a matter of time before we follow.
If remote ID allows other aircraft to 'see' us - and we see them, there would seem to be little justification for maintaining vlos restrictions. I'd be happy for that trade-off to occur.

Reactions: Cecil
We’ll a year from today we’ll need remote ID on our UAS. All newly built drones must have it built in starting today. Some existing drones may have the capability with a firmware update.
I haven’t seen and add on modules but as the time for compliance gets closer I’m sure there’ll be several on the market.
Manufacturers have until 12/16/22 to become compliant. The FAA has pushed back the compliance date for manufacturers as long as they show they are working towards compliance.

Technically, it's "deferred enforcement" instead of a delay, but basically it's the same thing.

Reactions: GFields

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik