Remote Control signal lost during flight

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im beginner and had about 5 flights in safe open space area on DJI3 standard but today I decided to film building and during flight on approximately 30m my RC signal was lost and drone started to shift towards another building due to wind....panic... I swope from P-mode to A-mode few times and I got the signal back and thankfully landed with no crush. Few questions please:
1. what would you suggest to do in such instances? thankfully I could see my drone and I cant imagine what would have happened if I couldn't see it
2. 30m its nothing in terms of distance and it wasn't any major interferences, kind of frustrated now, what could be the reason of RC signal lost?

Thank you!

@Aleg,
Welcome to the forum!

As stated uploading your log from your mobile device and sharing the url of your results, should take out a lot guessing.

Rc signal loss? did it display that?
Could it have been Image loss?
Was there any indication of RTH?
Did it say it was in Atti mode?

Rod

Reactions: Aleg
Thank you for respond,
my flight is here, I hope it what you asking for, it was dowloaded from folder FlightLogs.

@Mark The Droner im trying to view flight through suggested Viewer but its throws an error. Im not using Litchie uploaded file is .dat instead of .txt

@RodPad as I reviewed my flight, I didn't know I actually can do it was throwing errors like "abnormal compass function" and "compass error exit P-mode"

Now when I switched on Drone the camera start making noise, before it wasn't like that.....

Attachments

• 2017-11-21 20_55_47-03Z1520551.dat
    6.8 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
You would have to find the file that starts with DJI... and ends with .txt which is on your mobile device, as explained in the link posted above.

The first question I have to ask is have you read the manual? I appears you made a few mistakes.

Did you fly, land, and then launch again? I don't understand why you have no home point showing in the log.

You should know never to launch on less than a fully charged battery. That's a big mistake.

Are you sure you aimed your controller correctly?

Your log shows 0 satellites at 1 m 8 secs while at 200 feet height. That doesn't make sense to me. To me, it indicates something is wrong with your GPS device... I would not fly again without figuring out why that happened. Could be you have a bad GPS module.

@Mark The Droner thank you for your suggestions, I did read manual, you right I flew, then I landed, then changed location and flew again when all this happened. Controller was aimed correctly because I was watching my drone not to hit obstacles. Before I used to use my Iphone 5S with 3G, when flew last time I remove SIM-Card and was flying relying on GPS of the phone, could it be the reason?
And which measurements would you advice to do so I could fly again?

When you flew, then landed, then changed location, did you keep the Phantom on during this time?

You're saying your phone was the homepoint?

This still doesn't explain zero satellites on the AC. I would not want to fly again without knowing why you had zero satellites at 200' height. You might have a chat with DJI about this.

Reactions: Aleg and Oso
WT?, how can he be flying at 200', and then loose satellites?
And its all part of one flight log, something is broken / bad.

Any of you guys get some time, or anybody else got a clue.
@sar104, @Oso, @BudWalker.

As @Mark The Droner stated "I would not want to fly again without knowing why you had zero satellites at 200' height."

Rod

I have seen many flight logs posted with "no reference of a home point" and made comments about it, but nobody has ever responded.

@Aleg, "I remove SIM-Card and was flying relying on GPS of the phone, could it be the reason?"
Kind of confusing statement, but the Phantom automatically records the home point when it has I think 6 satellites.

Rod

Last edited:
The first question I have to ask is have you read the manual? I appears you made a few mistakes.

Did you fly, land, and then launch again? I don't understand why you have no home point showing in the log.

You should know never to launch on less than a fully charged battery. That's a big mistake.

Are you sure you aimed your controller correctly?

Your log shows 0 satellites at 1 m 8 secs while at 200 feet height. That doesn't make sense to me. To me, it indicates something is wrong with your GPS device... I would not fly again without figuring out why that happened. Could be you have a bad GPS module.
The Home point was set. It's here
upload_2017-11-22_19-26-43.png

The reason setting the Home point wasn't announced in the .txt is that it had already been set when the .txt started recording.

it's possible more could be learned about the GPS loss if @Aleg could retrieve the .DAT. Look here for info about doing that.

Reactions: Aleg and RodPad
The Home point was set. It's here
View attachment 91149

The reason setting the Home point wasn't announced in the .txt is that it had already been set when the .txt started recording.

it's possible more could be learned about the GPS loss if @Aleg could retrieve the .DAT. Look here for info about doing that.
Loads of interference warnings as well. I uploaded the flight log to Airdata UAV (Healthy Drones) and signal strength was solid green. No Home Point.

@BudWalker

Thanks on the home point question, I think I understand it now, its timing on the starting of the app. ;)

So the OP suddenly losing satellites at 200' ?
I agree with @Mark The Droner
Something must be failing, not safe to fly.

Rod

@Aleg
Rereading you first post, maybe try it where you didn't have issues before, its just weird.

"I swope from P-mode to A-mode few times and I got the signal back"
I don't think this helped you get the signal back or control of it, unless you really good flying in Atti mode, I'm not, and need to practice some more.

Rod

@BudWalker Thank you for advise thus I have difficulties to do so, can't understand what I do wrong, everything goes okay until this step
"Using Disk Utility, select the SD card and create a Disk Image of the entire Phantom SD card saving it to the hard drive. To do this, select the SD Card, then File>New Image>Image from Folder. Save the file to desktop.
After it has completed open the Disk Image as any other folder and save the enclosed .DAT files to a new folder for viewing."
1. I open Disk Utility Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.42.48 PM.png and select DJI DATA
2. Then as said in instruction File>New Image>Image from Folder Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.44.39 PM.png

3. Choosing Desktop Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.45.08 PM.png

4. Save file Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.45.17 PM.png

5. Uploading image and its throws warning Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.53.14 PM.png

please help if you still have patience with me.

@RodPad I can definetely fly in area I have flown before but I wouldn't be able to shot new video and in few weeks time I go skiing, 22 person relying upon me

@BudWalker Thank you for advise thus I have difficulties to do so, can't understand what I do wrong, everything goes okay until this step
"Using Disk Utility, select the SD card and create a Disk Image of the entire Phantom SD card saving it to the hard drive. To do this, select the SD Card, then File>New Image>Image from Folder. Save the file to desktop.
After it has completed open the Disk Image as any other folder and save the enclosed .DAT files to a new folder for viewing."
1. I open Disk Utility View attachment 91253 and select DJI DATA
2. Then as said in instruction File>New Image>Image from Folder View attachment 91254

3. Choosing Desktop View attachment 91255

4. Save file View attachment 91256

5. Uploading image and its throws warning View attachment 91257

please help if you still have patience with me.

@RodPad I can definetely fly in area I have flown before but I wouldn't be able to shot new video and in few weeks time I go skiing, 22 person relying upon me
I don't have a Mac so can't help much here. Those instructions were provided by others who have a Mac. Maybe @happydays or @GregWV can help you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1