Reinforce pick and pluck?

Reaction score
I just got my new pelican 1600 case and really like it. But I'm having a problem with the sides leaning between components. For instance, I don't use the charger when I fly obviously, so when I take the copter out, that side leans in toward the larger opening. Is there a way to reinforce some of the sides? Something that would look decent. I have seen the laser cut foam that I could order, but I don't feel like spending another hundred bucks.

Also, Should I secure the layers together with spray glue? Top to bottom layers.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445652495.192406.jpg

I just got my new pelican 1600 case and really like it. But I'm having a problem with the sides leaning between components. For instance, I don't use the charger when I fly obviously, so when I take the copter out, that side leans in toward the larger opening. Is there a way to reinforce some of the sides? Something that would look decent. I have seen the laser cut foam that I could order, but I don't feel like spending another hundred bucks.

Also, Should I secure the layers together with spray glue? Top to bottom layers. View attachment 34115
Yes-- use spray adhesive-- works great. Cut a piece of 1/8 inch plasitic sheet or Masonite to the size you need to reinforce the weak spot and glue it in. that way the foam wont bulge.

Do I glue the plastic in the cutout? Or between layers? Sorry if thats a stupid question... I feel like an idiot lol

Do I glue the plastic in the cutout? Or between layers? Sorry if thats a stupid question... I feel like an idiot lol
The horizontal layers don't need reinforcing-- just adhesive. if you have and of the vertical foam that is weak and bulging, reinforce it with the plastic placed vertically.:)

I use Plasti Dip spray on my pick and pull foam inserts.

Works great.

:harry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4