DJI Phantom Case

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my purchase of the new carry case. I bought the Professional DJI Phantom Hard Case for All DJI Phantom Models off amazon.com for $139.99. This case is deep and allows the foam to be under and above the phantom. Internal dimensions of the case are approximately 20.5 x 13 x 11.4 inches. The bottom comes with 3 layers of pick and pull foam and the top comes with one piece of solid foam and one piece of the ribbed stuff.

After I laid out how I wanted everything, I bought an $11.00 electric knife from Walmart which cuts the foam stuff great. After everything was cut and I verified my parts fit, I used Plasti-Dip to coat the foam. Starting off with a light coat and gradually building up to a thick coat. This will help hold the foam together over time of pulling the batteries and phantom in/out. I used a can of spray automotive glue to secure the 3 lower pieces together.

So for about $150.00 I have a great custom case large enough to hold just about everything I would need. This case might be to big to use as a carry on when flying but is great and cheap.

And whats great about this case is its economic, but also customized. No need for extra battery slots wasting space. Whats more, you can add slots as you go.

mendezl, you can get that case on Amazon here.

Last edited:
battman2036 said:
Did you plastidip the entire foam top or just the cut outs? I have an old pelican and am planning to do something similar. Never considered plastidip.

While I still had the 3 pieces separated, I sprayed all the cutouts that I made with about 4 coats starting out very light, once I glued all 3 pieces together, I sprayed the top with about 4 coats. Be sure to do this in a well ventilated area as the Platidip stinks.

You did a great looking job cutting out the foam.

Here is mine. Plano extra large pistol case with the easy pull away foam from cabelas. I got it for $99.99 on sale, it has a pressure valve, so I can use it for air travel too.

F6551EC0-9208-4E5E-A0DB-8260CFF9EE07.jpg

503B2978-906A-4054-8D61-E758D0BD216F.jpg

stan said:
can someone tell me more about this Plasti-Dip-ing the foam - what it is all about and how to do it?

Thanks

The foam is, well foam. It will fall apart easily after you put items in/out multiple times, more so if the foam is tight around the object. The plasti-dip coats the foam making it more durable so it will hold together longer.
It is just like painting with a spray can - start out with a few very light coats, then finish with several heavy coats. I only sprayed the areas that will have contact with removable parts (battery, remote...)

There was a video on YouTube where someone did his gun case foam.

Good Luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1