flying your unmanned aircraft:

• Don't be careless or reckless with your UAS
  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of obstacles
  • Stay away from other aircraft at all times
  • Keep your UAS within your sight
  • Don't fly near airports, stadiums, or other people
  • Don't fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Keep away from emergency responders

Humm ... I now have to keep it away from myself?
Remember these simple safety guidelines when

• Don't fly

Since you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol most of the time, yes.

Remember these simple safety guidelines when

• Don't fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol

Keep your UAS within your sight.
This "RULE" is ambiguous...
Can I add a light weight super strobe that is visible for 2 miles.
Or
Can I use a spotting scope or binoculars?

Just asking

Since they made it a requirement to have before you can fly I believe local law enforcement can ask to see it.
If you keep looking at the site, there is an actual LEO cheat sheet that they have made up for them. Explains their course of action and everything. It's interesting, because as a Canadian, who just might want to shoot some stuff in the US, it says that it only applies to US citizens and that if you are not, that you must be registered by your home country. We don't have this yet here. I think I'm just going to pay the 5 for proof of ownership and be done with it.

Keep your UAS within your sight.
This "RULE" is ambiguous...
Can I add a light weight super strobe that is visible for 2 miles.
Or
Can I use a spotting scope or binoculars?

Just asking
No. You can google a detailed definition. But the "rule" states that your aircraft has to be under your visual control - not just a dot on the horizon. You are supposed to be able to tell orientation visually without the aid of binoculars or a telescope.

The "Rule" needs further definition, I think we can all agree on that. I have an extremely bright LED cluster on my P1 that allows me to see it, and quickly re-orient it when it is just a dot in the sky. Over a non-urban area I should be allowed to fly that far out.
I just bought a Blade Mach 25 a few weeks before Christmas - racing drones are designed to be flown BLOS, using FPV only. There is no danger to anyone (but your drone) flying in that manner along a marked course - but technically that is against the "rule" right now.

The hobby, the technology and the rules/laws are all evolving, unfortunately the hobby and technology evolves faster than the rules.

Don't do stupid things with your drone, don't be a **** to the cop and you most likely won't get arrested...

If you keep looking at the site, there is an actual LEO cheat sheet that they have made up for them. Explains their course of action and everything. It's interesting, because as a Canadian, who just might want to shoot some stuff in the US, it says that it only applies to US citizens and that if you are not, that you must be registered by your home country. We don't have this yet here. I think I'm just going to pay the 5 for proof of ownership and be done with it.
I'm not a US citizen and I just registered and called it a day. No cop has ever asked me if I'm a citizen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic