Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Registration difficulty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soonersalt, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Soonersalt

Is anyone else having difficulty registering the drone through faa website? I was able to establish an account but i cant login to finish the process. It keeps staing wrong password. I have attempted numerous password resets with no success and have also emailed the faa with no response. I have attempted for the last week now

2. GadgetGuy

What's your hurry?
    Registration Requires Intent to Fly VLOS Only! | DJI Phantom Forum

3. Soonersalt

Holy cow. Thats a hornets nest. . But yes i cant see mine less than a block away. I guess my answer to your question is just so i dont forget to get it done.

GadgetGuy likes this.
  4. GadgetGuy

I'm sure the FAA will just send you a polite reminder letter, if it ever becomes relevant. ;) Just don't fly recklessly. No harm, no foul... :cool:

However, to answer your original question, the password requires at least one capital letter, one lower case letter, one symbol, one number, and 8 characters total at a minimum. Perhaps that is the problem.

Given that the FAA likely hired a couple of 6th graders to do the website programming over a weekend, maybe they forgot to put in any error trapping in the password reset process, like exists in the initial account setup. ;)

#4 GadgetGuy, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. cdusher

It's an ongoing problem for some. I've tried resetting the password, A different email address. No luck.
    The site knows the email address is registered, but will not allow me to log in.
    I email the FAA. They responded after a few days and asked for the email address being used.
    I replied and am awaiting the reply.