Red - Yellow - Green lights of death

Reaction score
Crashed my P3P some time ago and finally got to replace the shell.
Right after the crash, I turned it on a flew it (close to the ground) for a few minutes to be sure the damage was not more than met the eye. Seemed fine.
So I replaced the shell. Now it will not even start motors. Claims compass error. I did the circle dance to recalibrate, but to no avail.
Your thoughts please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190403-152504_DJI_GO[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20190403-152504_DJI_GO[1].jpg
    404 KB · Views: 370
Did the compass cables get damage in the crash? You can find them inside the legs.

Did the compass cables get damage in the crash? You can find them inside the legs.
The legs and compass cable seemed fine after the crash.
Only the one arm near the motor was cracked.
Could I have pinched a cable ? forgotten to connect one of the many little connectors?

Crashed my P3P some time ago and finally got to replace the shell.
Right after the crash, I turned it on a flew it (close to the ground) for a few minutes to be sure the damage was not more than met the eye. Seemed fine.
So I replaced the shell. Now it will not even start motors. Claims compass error. I did the circle dance to recalibrate, but to no avail.
Your thoughts please?
Do you see any values for compass readings on the sensor page in the app or do you see only zeros?
Zeros would indicate a compass damaged or disconnected.

Reactions: JoBe
Have you try compass in another location like outside,,it says fly with cation so to me that a most magnetic interference that's why compass won't calibrate,,your firmware looks abnormal aswell which could be why it won't start,,try start motors when not connected,,if they start you need to do your firmware update,,could be old firmware or miss match...also show you got no gps so try it outside away from large steel objects,,,,and no more dances , get dizzy,,just turn drone at arms length with hands,,looks more professional too ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you see any values for compass readings on the sensor page in the app or do you see only zeros?
Zeros would indicate a compass damaged or disconnected.
All zeroes!
I had trouble getting the darn cable back in the leg... maybe I pinched the cable...

Have you try compass in another location like outside,,it says fly with cation so to me that a most magnetic interference that's why compass won't calibrate,,your firmware looks abnormal aswell which could be why it won't start,,try start motors when not connected,,if they start you need to do your firmware update,,could be old firmware or miss match...also show you got no gps so try it outside away from large steel objects,,,,and no more dances , get dizzy,,just turn drone at arms length with hands,,looks more professional too ha
Yes, the dance is funny. I do actually just spin it around. Lol.
Tried in a new location. Same.
Going to.open her back up to see if I forgot to hook something up or pinched the compass cable. :(

Good News! I took everything apart and discovered I cut a wire to the compass and scraped the insulation off another.
I quickly spliced them back together and now I am seeing my beautiful green lights!!
I still have the compass hanging out of the leg right now. Isnt there a quick drying glue or caulk that can be used to hold these fragile wires in place and protect them?
Plus getting the wires back into the leg seems like an impossible task. That's what caused all my troubles!!
Any advice??

Reactions: Ansia and Oso
Good News! I took everything apart and discovered I cut a wire to the compass and scraped the insulation off another.
I quickly spliced them back together and now I am seeing my beautiful green lights!!
I still have the compass hanging out of the leg right now. Isnt there a quick drying glue or caulk that can be used to hold these fragile wires in place and protect them?
Plus getting the wires back into the leg seems like an impossible task. That's what caused all my troubles!!
Any advice??
Was going to say hot glue gun but some might say another product which I can't remember ,,should be ok it's not hot enough to melt wire but someone might suggest something better and glad it sorted,:)

Reactions: Videogirls
Was going to say hot glue gun but some might say another product which I can't remember ,,should be ok it's not hot enough to melt wire but someone might suggest something better and glad it sorted,:)
They have those low temperature glue guns. But I am sure someone knows the best way to get it fixed (without ordering a new leg or compass!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31