Recording Tablet Display?

Reaction score
I don't know how I'm missing this, but I've done numerous searches to try and understand how people are recording what they see on their tablet vs what is recorded on the SD card on the drone. I'm not finding much. Is this something that is embedded inside the DJI Go app or do you need to use a third party application to do the screen recording? I would be most curious to understand what most people are doing on iOS as well as Android.

The Nvidia K1 records it for you, just turn on screen record in the settings.

I've had a look at this on the K1. Do you have to have a Twitch account to capture the screen? I have signed up but it seems to be for gaming really. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Nope, it's in settings and mine just automatically takes copies of both photos and videos, just at a lower resolution. Honestly I've never looked for it again in the settings as mine takes the screen capture by default every time, so I can't specify the path but it was an easy find.

The thing with Shou is that you need an internet connection for some reason. I have ipad mini 4 and turn wifi off when I fly as recommended by DJI, but then Shou tells me to check my internet connection and goes to a screen that tells me to check my settings.

1. I don't think they have any screen recording option in DJI Go app.
Here is for iOS:
a. How to record the DJI GO screen?
b. How to Capture and Record an iPhone or iPad Screen Video?

2. For android:
7 best Android apps for screen recording and other ways too!

Reactions: Raja777m
The only problem with this it's a further quite intensive job and might start to lag your live display unless on a top spec tablet.
If I was recording screen I might turn off the Go App recording (to tablet) completely
Shield has it built in and has virtually 0 lag,because it is meant to record gaming which like flying has to be lag free. The shield is amazing.. Only down side is the screen brightness and battery life.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am missing something here. The screen shows what the camera "sees", right? And what the camera "sees" is recorded to the micro sd card, right? So, why would you want to record the screen?

Please enlighten me. :oops:

Thanks, Jim

I am missing something here. The screen shows what the camera "sees", right? And what the camera "sees" is recorded to the micro sd card, right? So, why would you want to record the screen?

Thanks, Jim

To see all the telemetry data. For pilots, like us, we find it interesting to see information around speed, altitude, the map, etc., for many shots.

Thanks, Jim
+1 and also so you will have a record of it when it crashes to help you find it... It gives you a copy whether you have the bird or not, plus you have a decent instant file to watch without having to pull the card and download it.

Reactions: Raja777m

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl