Recommendation for repairs

Reaction score
Had a pretty nasty crash with my Phantom yesterday. Lost a propeller during flight and came crashing down approximately 50 feet onto a paved street. All propellers, landing gear and Gopro case were broken.
Took my phantom home and hooked it up to Naza Assistant on the computer. The Phantom just beeps. No 7 notes intro sound, no L.E.D.'s. USB is unrecognized. Not a repair I can do by myself.

Can someone recommend a place to send my Phantom for repairs? I'd love to get a back in the air soon.
Also....note to self. Be sure to check and tighten propeller nuts as part of pre-flight checklist.

I'm looking to avoid this happening myself. That being said, can you give any insight on what you think might have caused this? Did you simply forget to tighten them? Or, did you not tighten them enough? I've checked mine a couple times and they are always darn tight.

Be glad you just destroyed the Phantom and were not over any people or traffic.

mrcoptermr said:
Had a pretty nasty crash with my Phantom yesterday. Lost a propeller during flight and came crashing down approximately 50 feet onto a paved street. All propellers, landing gear and Gopro case were broken.
Took my phantom home and hooked it up to Naza Assistant on the computer. The Phantom just beeps. No 7 notes intro sound, no L.E.D.'s. USB is unrecognized. Not a repair I can do by myself.

Can someone recommend a place to send my Phantom for repairs? I'd love to get a back in the air soon.
Also....note to self. Be sure to check and tighten propeller nuts as part of pre-flight checklist.
Remove the top shell half and see if the battery slammed into and cracked the circuit board above it... Somewhat common in a crash.

DSLRpros.com is one shop that I know of that repairs Phantoms.

but before you do so, may as well open it up and see if something became detached inside.

I opened the shell (which also needs replacing) and didn't see anything obvious that was disconnected or broken. I still will need to send it to someone which greater expertise than me to do repairs.
Thanks for the recommendation of DSLRpros.com. Their repair rate of $129.00 per hour seems pretty steep. Do you have any additional suggestions? Thanks.

try calling Heli-World @ 408-451-1155. i know they do repairs and specialize in helicopters. i got my phantom from them and they were very helpful. maybe they can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues