Received P3P and Gimbal Clamp Not Attached

Reaction score
Curious new P3 owners. I picked up my new P3P and when I unpacked it, the gimbal clamp and white foam piece was not attached. Since I need the iOS app, I can't verify it's working properly. Should I return the bird? Thanks.

Ive heard of many with the clamp having fallen off the foam seems a little strange but should not be a issue.

I travel with mine a lot and had the clamp on the pv2+ fall of my first trip made a pluck foam insert to help keep all stable and have not had any issues since and have made many airline flights some I even checked it.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 463
Ive heard of many with the clamp having fallen off the foam seems a little strange but should not be a issue.

I travel with mine a lot and had the clamp on the pv2+ fall of my first trip made a pluck foam insert to help keep all stable and have not had any issues since and have made many airline flights some I even checked it.

Can you carry onto an airplane a P3 with two batteries? Will security let you pass?

Thanks guys for the good news about traveling on airplanes. Now I just have to wait.

Last edited:
Curious new P3 owners. I picked up my new P3P and when I unpacked it, the gimbal clamp and white foam piece was not attached. Since I need the iOS app, I can't verify it's working properly. Should I return the bird? Thanks.
I you view many true unboxings, you will see a lot fall off as the bird is pulled out... Mine did, nothing appears wrong with the gimbal. It did also concern me

Edit. does anyone know if fedex ships batteries internally in the states?

Recieved mine last week and had the same problem i contacted the dealer and rightly or wrongly they told me its quite common.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic