Really bright LED light bar

Reaction score
Hi, I have watched a few vids on line where people have a REALLY bright LED light bar on the drone. Being a newbie I'm thinking this may be a good idea to help determine orientation of the drone?
Found some at superbrightleds.com that weigh 3.2 ounces.
Low Profile Vehicle LED Mini Strobe Light Head - Single or Dual Color - 18 Watt | LED Strobe Light Fixtures | Emergency Vehicle & Strobe LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs
Would this weight effect the flight? Is there some sort of connector available in/on the drone that outputs the full battery voltage?

I have the Lume Cube setup on a P4 with their bracket. Weight is about 300 grams and flight time is cut in half. You can tell from the sound of the motors that it takes more power to fly. They do help to discern where the thing is in dim areas or farther off. One forward and one backwards, or one always on and other on strobe mode. They last about as long as a flight with their internal rechargeable batteries.

Some others mount under the camera between the legs on the P4 and it interferes with the VPS system to the point DJI may not allow for warranty if crashed with that gimbal guard type of mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks guys, so 300g is approx 10.6oz. Seems like 6.4oz (for two) is very doable. Any ideas on the availability of power from the drones battery?
The Polar Pro don't seem to offer any specs? I'm looking for seriously bright, like same as police car bright, which is what the ones I put the link to are. Can anybody confirm the Polar Pro are that bright?

Thanks guys, so 300g is approx 10.6oz. Seems like 6.4oz (for two) is very doable. Any ideas on the availability of power from the drones battery?
The Polar Pro don't seem to offer any specs? I'm looking for seriously bright, like same as police car bright, which is what the ones I put the link to are. Can anybody confirm the Polar Pro are that bright?
The PolarPro light bars are not blindingly bright...I doubt if they would qualify as "anti-collision lights" as specified by the FAA part 107 spec (3 mile visibility) that said I have used them at dusk and they do help some with identification and orientation of the bird at a few hundred feet...my only objection is they are either on or off (or blinking...no remote switch) and I do notice some image degradation when filming with them on so I'm using just the rear red ones for now...

Thanks Ricphoto, I suspected they were not super bright. Am I right in saying that the factory lights are red and green? ( I just ordered my P4 and will not get for approx 1 week).

Yes, red on the front and green on back, although they could change on some fault to yellow or blink at different rates too. The blinking front reds at night can show up in the scene too, but there is a provision in GO to turn them off. They are not all that bright overall though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3