Real World Flight Times

First flight:
P2/Zen/iOSDmini/AVL58, Hero 3 Black filming at 720/60 and 1 photo every 3 seconds, 52º F outdoor temp
16 min, 30 sec to 8% battery

Draining the battery to 20% I average 15 - 15.5 minutes per charge on the above setup.

I just launched for first time naked with no attachments. 48 degrees with a moderate wind of 18 mph. I am extremely impressed with flight time of 29 minutes!!!!!! Probably had a few more minutes left because the second warning had not started....first time flier I still can't believe how easy

Naked, stock v.1.1.1 Phantom, stock self-tightening props tooling around (figure 8's, with a few higher speed maneuvers thrown in once in a while) GPS mode: 9 minutes 30 seconds with a stock 2200mAh Phantom battery to first level warning. I land ~ 10 minute mark.

DJI Flamewheel 450 - Volcano/Proton 30A ESC's, Tiger motors, 10" carbon fiber props, Turnigy 5000mAh battery 14 minutes 30 seconds just tooling around with ~25% time spent hot-dogging in ATTI and/or manual mode. Land around 15 minute mark.

PF

PitStop said:
First flight:
P2/Zen/iOSDmini/AVL58, Hero 3 Black filming at 720/60 and 1 photo every 3 seconds, 52º F outdoor temp
16 min, 30 sec to 8% battery

Draining the battery to 20% I average 15 - 15.5 minutes per charge on the above setup.

I'm getting about 16 min with that setup (minus the iOSDMini & AVL58 which I have to reinstall) at 24 degrees F to 20% battery. So I expect to lose a couple of minutes in the cold - maybe 14-15 min and 16 min at 50+ degrees. Still vastly better than the 6-7 min I was getting out of the P1.

I Hate you guys (jk) made me go buy a p2 (not vision already own P1) 6 to 7 min vs 16-18 min loaded its a no brainer... now I just have to break it to the wife :roll:

P2 with Zenmuse, GoPro Hero3 Black shooting 1080 video and stills every five seconds, Immersion 600MW FPV, 16 minutes to first battery power warning. Cold out, only 5 degrees C. Impressed!

Phantom 2 h3-2d gimbal hero 3 black 60fps getting 19 mins at 79 degrees

p1 ver.1.1.1 with gopro 3 silver and anti jello in 50f, low winds-a good ten minutes using stock batt.

P2
Zenmuse
Hero3 black
Fatshark 600mw
Iosd
Flytrex
Garmin gtu10

Flew 17 minutes and had 30% battery left

Btw.... Why p1 owners posting their times in p2 thread?

Fdnyfish said:
P2
Zenmuse
Hero3 black
Fatshark 600mw
Iosd
Flytrex
Garmin gtu10

Flew 17 minutes and had 30% battery left

Btw.... Why p1 owners posting their times in p2 thread?[/quote]

sorry,did not realize it till now.

Who says it's a P1 or P2 thread? The subject is "Real World Flight Times" not "Phantom 2 Real World Flight Times." Both versions can be flown stock or loaded up with various combinations of accessories. This thread should be informational for all Phantom owners.

PF

DJI P2
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI AVL58
Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal
GoPro Hero3 Black

I fly hard and fast for about 15-18 minutes, landing at ~25% battery, with very little hover time, so flight times could be longer.

PhantomFan said:
Who says it's a P1 or P2 thread? The subject is "Real World Flight Times" not "Phantom 2 Real World Flight Times." Both versions can be flown stock or loaded up with various combinations of accessories. This thread should be informational for all Phantom owners.

PF

Actually, this thread is specifically for Phantom 2; That is why it is in the "DJI Phantom 2 (Non-Vision)" forum. Phantom 1 and P2V information should be listed elsewhere, not in this thread. That way P1, P2, and P2V owners don't have to sift through mixed information.

PhantomFan said:

PF

I too assumed it was for P2's only, as the post is on the Phantom 2 (Non-Vision) board.

v/r

Michael

I don't go through the board classification. Not even sure how to do that. I usually click on "View Active Topics" when I visit this forum to see what folks are most interested in talking about OR I click on "View Your Posts" to follow up on threads I've rung in on. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

PF

PhantomFan said:

PF

It's in the Phantom 2 (Non-Vision) Thread.

neil64 said:
DJI P2
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI AVL58
Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal
GoPro Hero3 Black

I fly hard and fast for about 15-18 minutes, with very little hover time, so flight times could be longer.

PhantomFan said:

PF

Actually, this thread is specifically for Phantom 2; That is why it is in the "DJI Phantom 2 (Non-Vision)" forum. Phantom 1 and P2V information should be listed elsewhere, not in this thread. That way P1, P2, and P2V owners don't have to sift through mixed information.

What he said.....LOL!!!

PhantomFan said:
I don't go through the board classification. Not even sure how to do that. I usually click on "View Active Topics" when I visit this forum to see what folks are most interested in talking about OR I click on "View Your Posts" to follow up on threads I've rung in on. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

PF

No apologies necessary. No ruffled feathers anywhere. I figured you must not have realized where the thread was so I was just letting anyone reading along know, to maybe help keep things a little more organized. Isn't it terrible how impossible it is to express and perceive emotion through text on the internet? ;)

Now that we've figured out what we're supposed to be talking about, let's get this thread back on track!

neil64 said:
Isn't it terrible how impossible it is to express and perceive emotion through text on the internet? ;)

Not always a bad thing...

My wife and I fond that most of our arguments dragged on because one or both of us were reading body language, facial expression instead of listening to the words...

So I'd go outside and call her on the cell phone....no more body language and facial expression....and arguments tended to be over before they began...

Your mileage may vary....

v/r

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic